Per-Diem Counselor 8 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 0-2
- Education 4-year degree
The Per Diem Counselor is a key member of the Residential Services team, working directly with survivors of dating and domestic violence. This position requires a caring, dedicated individual who possesses the ability to work with families in crisis and possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity with effective counseling and advocacy skills. Must display a high degree of professionalism and respect while keeping difficult situations in proper perspective. Understanding, influencing and serving others are important attributes in this position.
- Associates degree in Human Services or a related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred with experience in human services, social work, counseling or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with families in crisis is preferred.
- Residential experience is a plus.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are required.
- Ability to deal with a variety of emotions and frustrations in the workplace, communicate with a variety of people, work independently and maintain strict confidences.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflicts, be adaptable and flexible and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Must be attentive, listen to people, perceive the real problems and bring issues to a successful conclusion.WORK SCHEDULEOn an as-needed basis filling a minimum of two shifts per month assuming they are available