Access Control System Gatekeeper 30 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 2-year degree
Access Control System Gatekeeper
8 AM-4 PM
Responsible for central access control/card reader database maintenance and changes to this database resulting from authorized University staff requests for electronic door lock scheduling & ID card reader swipe access additions or deletions on the University’s Lenel Access control System. Duties to include high volume keyboarding to effect ID card area authorization level change and electronic card reader open/close time changes in a time sensitive and efficient manner. Responsible for the design, add and deletion of individual ID card access levels as well as access groups when required. Generate access control system historical event reports routinely and as requested. Troubleshoot and resolve ID access control and Lenel database problems effecting door access. Add/delete/modify University ID card access levels for employees, students, contractors and other authorized University of Rochester ID card holders. Assists the Manager for ID and Access Control Operations and the Senior Access Control Analyst /Programmer with database maintenance, computer hardware testing/installation and integrity checks of the Lenel access control system.
- Use computer to read and respond to e-mail requests; Use computer and Lenel software applications to search database for ID cardholder information; Use Lenel computer program to accurately add/remove swipe access from selected cardholders; Use Lenel computer program to accurately make changes to card reader electronic access time zones, as requested; Use Outlook calendar to schedule reminders for pending events (semester breaks/holidays time zone adjustments); advise Manager of questionable access control change requests; make suggestions for process improvements as needed; Assist with database maintenance, computer hardware testing/installation and integrity checks of the Lenel access control system;
- Answer telephone; explain access control policies & procedures with callers;
- Troubleshoot and resolve card reader access issues related to established database user profiles;
- Generate access control system and historical card swipe reports for authorized requestors;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Associates degree in Computer Science and 1-2 years of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proven knowledge and experience with Lenel Systems access control software and hardware highly preferred. Direct working knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment, Microsoft Office and personal computer operation. Strong organization and communication skills. Requires strong keyboarding skills.