Account Supervisor 126 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 6-10
- Education 4-year degree
An Account Supervisor manages and leads the agency’s day-to-day relationship with key client contacts. The Account Supervisor focuses the efforts of agency personnel to ensure projects are completed as proposed — on time, within budget and with minimum disruption to daily activity of client or agency.
An Account Supervisor is required to employ a range of thinking and decision-making skills, such as “what if,” “critical” and “judicious” approaches to client issues and initiatives. The Account Supervisor is essentially the lead project manager on client projects and thus must demonstrate an ability to organize workload and workflow. Account Supervisors are expected to effectively present the agency’s decisions, recommendations and creative product to a range of client audiences.
Client Relationship Management:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients to establish an environment of trust, respect and client satisfaction/retention.
- Become a category expert and strategist for client’s business by staying abreast of client business/current issues and marketplace trends.
- Stay abreast of the media (social, digital, traditional) business and marketplace trends.
- Assist in the development and presentation of annual and/or project scopes, including deliverables, resources and financial requirements.
- Evaluate client satisfaction on an ongoing basis. Ensure client execution meets both client and BFG quality standards/raise the quality standard issues to the appropriate functional lead.
- Assist in growing client accounts organically by continuously seeking new opportunities to drive revenue by expanding our services through a keen understanding of the client’s business challenges/goals.
- Maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor while effectively balancing the dual expectations of your clients and the agency.
- Demonstrate confidence and authority as the day-to-day voice of the agency team.
- Develop and maintain strong internal relationships that improve collaboration, create chemistry and stimulate better solution development.
- Effectively resolve conflict both internally and externally (clients, team members, creative agencies, media vendors, etc.).
- Proactively looks for ways to improve current processes or introduce new approaches that will contribute to Dixon Schwabl’s success.
- Display marketing curiosity and a willingness to push your own thinking and the agency’s work in new directions by finding a range of alternatives for client and agency decision-making.
Team and Project Management:
- Responsible for the growth and development of Sr. Account Executives, Account Executives, Account Coordinators and Interns and ensures the team is performing at a high level where employees are empowered, accountable and motivated.
- Manage client business and the Dixon Schwabl team(s) by having a clear and compelling vision to direct the team and motivate team players to achieve shared goals.
- Take ownership of the deployment and management of agency resources on your accounts.
- Prepare accurate and timely internal communication (creative briefs, tactical briefs, change orders, media plan requests, timelines and estimates) and external communication (point-of-view support, conference reports, recaps, timelines, estimates and weekly status reports).
- Develop and monitor project estimate vs. actual time and cost accruals to eliminate or minimize overages.
- Review monthly billing for accuracy and completeness in accordance with the accounting calendar and client reporting requirements.
- Generate monthly account recaps for distribution to the VP, Account Service & MP, Account Service and/or client.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5-7 years of account/agency experience required.
- Managerial experience, including experience developing, motivating and mentoring staff.
- Strong experience in B2B/Enterprise marketing, preferably in Telecom.
- Experience leading project teams with multiple discipline representation (creative, media, strategy, social, technology).
- Experience in Marketing automation, lead generation and Salesforce is a plus.
- Ability to set department priorities and recommend best practices.
- Ability to think strategically and identify and resolve problems in a client-centric environment.
- Ability to conceptualize goals and objectives for clients and internal team(s).
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity, autonomy and self-motivation.
At Dixon Schwabl, we hold true to these core values: