Accounting Services Specialist II 14 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 2-year degree
With minimal supervision, performs various financial and accounting duties of increasingly complex functions.
- Reviews, codes and enters information into applicable financial system to ensure accurate sub-ledger data feeds to the general ledger.
- Generates, reviews and distributes reports to ensure accuracy of data and compliance with both Paychex policies and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Provides second level response to all inquiries via email, mail and phone in accordance with department policy to ensure quality service standards are met. Takes necessary corrective action.
- Writes, reviews and maintains department procedures to ensure procedures are up to date and accurate. Recommends and makes changes if necessary.
- Prepares and engages in monthly team and department meetings to ensure continued technical and self-development.
- Researches, reconciles and analyzes data within designated group to ensure financial and quality standards are met.
- Verifies the completeness and consistency of accounting or financial transactions to ensure that controls and policies are being met.
- Trains new employees and cross-trains existing employees on daily and department operational functions to ensure that technical skills are transferred consistently.
- Completes audits in compliance with Internal and External reporting requirements to ensure requirements are met.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting/Business/Finance
- 2 years of experience in Work experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Paychex is dedicated to fostering a culture of intentional Inclusion and Diversity (I&D). Our valued employees and commitment to I&D is the essence of our internal and external success. Inclusivity is a key value of our corporate culture and is exemplified through our reputation as a top employer for employee development, diversity, and ethics, as well as a focus on fairness in recruitment, selection, and decision making.