Billing/Accounting Specialist 47 views1 application
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 6-10
- Education High School Diploma or GED
CPL is seeking a Billing/Accounting Specialist to join the finance team in Rochester or Buffalo, NY. The primary responsibilities of this role will include professional services billing focusing on federal, state, and local transportation related clients. General accounting and customer service responsibilities tied to invoicing our clients will fall under the purview of this role as well. The position will report to our Controller located at our corporate office in Rochester, NY.
Essential Job Functions:
- Set up and maintenance of projects in our ERP system including all required fields necessary to properly feed our billing software Elevia.
- Primary liaison between assigned project managers and Elevia billing software.
- Accurate and timely preparation of both bi-monthly and monthly invoices for assigned project managers across the organization.
- Provide quality assurance each billing cycle through review and maintenance of project billing rates.
- As-needed monitoring of both customer unbilled detail and of customer past due balances.
- Assist with federal, state, or local billing audits as they occur.
- Special projects or other accounting tasks as may be required by the department.
- A General working knowledge of Microsoft Office products with a proficiency in Word and Excel is required. Knowledge of Deltek Vision and the Elevia billing tool add-on is a plus. Bluebeam PDF editing experience is a plus.
- Experience billing federal and state transportation authorities, county public works divisions, and/or other federal, state, and local municipalities with a focus on ‘cost plus fixed fee’ percent complete billing for state DOT agencies.
- Experience with required DOT FIN worksheets and cost control reports attached to invoices.
- Must be a critical thinker with an attention to detail. The ideal candidate will not only enter data efficiently but will also critically review project information and draft invoices for inconsistencies while coordinating with project managers on corrective action.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and must demonstrate a professional commitment to customer service. The ideal candidate will be a dependable resource for our project managers, principals, and their customers.
- Must be organized and flexible. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong time management skills and will show they can be depended on to meet required deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
- Must strive to improve process and increase efficiency. The ideal candidate will always be looking to reduce time spent by our project managers and principals on invoicing.
Physical Requirements and Work Conditions
- Ability to sit continuously
- Must be able to reach above shoulder level
- Ability to twist/turn upper body
- Able to use hands/arm repetitive action for fine manipulating, keyboarding, and typing
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Occasional overtime as necessary
- 5+ years of billing and collections experience, preferably in the professional services industry.
- Experience meeting billing requirements and filling out forms for federal, state, and local agencies; focus in transportation preferred.
- General knowledge of basic accounting, with a focused understanding of cost-plus billing rates, % complete revenue, unbilled revenue, and accounts receivable.