General Ledger Support Specialist 76 views
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
Initiates, answers, and logs all client calls concerning the General Ledger Reporting Service; performs associated troubleshooting and assists users to maximize client retention, maintain relationships with referring CPAs, and to explain and maintain the integrity of accounting data supplied to clients and CPAs.
- Supports the General Ledger Reporting Service by fielding inbound calls and making outbound calls to clients and CPAs. May also distribute product information internally to Paychex users. Meets goals for telephone and e-mail response time to ensure quality customer service.
- Maintains knowledge of payroll and all ancillary products and services in order to assist branch personnel with general ledger and accounting issues.
- Assists clients and CPAs with entry of new client information into the General Ledger Reporting Service to ensure accuracy.
- Provides technical expertise regarding internet practices and PC functions in order to assist clients and CPAs with PC-related procedures, including file download, editing files, and import/export functions.
- Supports clients and CPAs on accounting software such as QuickBooks, Peachtree, Creative Solutions, and Datafaction to assist with import/export, making/deleting transactions, adding to/changing charts of accounts, and other troubleshooting. Proficient in all other supported third-party accounting software packages and Microsoft Excel in order to support clients.
- Utilizes familiar accounting terminology when speaking with accountants, but is also able to interpret the needs of clients with limited accounting knowledge to ensure that appropriate level of customer service is provided.
- Manually creates accounting data for clients and CPAs when the system is unavailable to ensure timely receipt of information.
- Develops, implements, maintains, and administers training programs for all new and current employees to optimize level of effectiveness and ability.
- Logs phone calls and email in order to build and maintain a database of client and CPA interactions.
- H.S. Diploma – Required
- Experience as a Paychex Sr. Payroll Specialist.
- 2 years of experience in Small business accounting utilizing accounting software to perform tasks such as payroll, balancing bank statements, budgeting, and monitoring cash flow.
Paychex is dedicated to fostering a culture of intentional Inclusion and Diversity (I&D). Our valued employees and commitment to I&D is the essence of our internal and external success. Inclusivity is a key value of our corporate culture and is exemplified through our reputation as a top employer for employee development, diversity, and ethics, as well as a focus on fairness in recruitment, selection, and decision making.