- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
The Accountant I is responsible for performing routine accounting functions as part of CCSI’s consulting engagements with provider organizations across NYS. Related activities include but are not limited to: accounts payable, payroll, and accounts receivable processing, bank transactions, and adjusting journal entries, as well as reconciliation of related accounts. The Accountant I will also play an integral role in the team maintaining and coordinating financial recordkeeper for provider organizations.
In your role as an Accountant I, you will be
- Work collaboratively with the Area of Practice Lead to manage, record, review and reconcile accounting transactions.
- Review and process routine accounts payable and accounts receivable accounting entries
- Complete timely and accurate account reconciliations and adjusting journal entries for balance sheet accounts.
- Monthly recording and reconciliation of prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, and other liabilities.
- Record cash receipts and general ledger expense/revenue transactions.
- Assist in maintaining accurate fixed asset inventory and depreciation schedules, including any additions and disposals, and recording expense monthly.
- Assist accounting team with timely month and year end close process.
- Assist with regular general ledger, budgeting, and financial reporting.
- Assist in organization and preparation of annual audit documentation and supporting schedules
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Work with organization towards continual improvement of internal accounting operations and reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We Are Coordinated Care Services (CCSI)
Coordinated Care Services (CCSI) is celebrating its 30th Anniversary! We have grown to more than 400 talented, dedicated professionals who provide staffing, consulting, and operational support needed by local departments of mental health and social services, state agencies, community-based organizations, and school districts across New York State and beyond! Our mission, simply put, is to help people and communities. At Coordinated Care Services (CCSI), you will have opportunities to collaborate to provide needed support and services to improve lives and strengthen our local communities.
As an Accountant I, Coordinated Care Services Inc (CCSI) can offer you,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or OR the work and education equivalency (see CCSI’s equivalency chart).
- Experience in accounts payable and/or related accounting function, preferred
- Experience with various Non-Profit accounting systems preferred (Blackbaud, FUNDEZ, QuickBooks, etc).
- Experience in not-for-profit organization preferred
- Satisfactory completion of all required screenings.
- Full vaccination against the COVID-19 virus. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified religious or medical/disability needs.
- Participates as a member of the team in valuing individual differences and supporting one another’s opportunity to achieve their greatest potential.
- Culturally responsive to the population being served in the development, design, monitoring, evaluation and/or implementation of programs and services.
- Respect the confidential nature of all CCSI and CCSI customer information you are exposed to in the course of your work performance.
CCSI does not accept inquiries from third-party recruiters or search agencies.
Coordinated Care Services, Inc (CCSI) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.