Accounts Payable (Part time) 13 views
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Process accounts payable transactions for Urban League of Rochester and its subsidiary ULREDC.
o This includes but is not limited to ensuring all invoices are properly coded, approved and encumbered prior to payment, transactions entered into Bill.com are free of error, checks are issued in accordance with the invoices entered, payments are made to the correct vendors, checks are mailed or delivered in accordance with instructions on check request and all supporting documentation for each payment is attached to the check request and to the final issued check.
· Meet weekly with CFO or designee to review cash needs and open payables to be paid. Process checks in accordance with cash availability.
· Actively manage and maintain vendor records within Bill.com and Business Central. Periodically clean out vendor listing removing vendors without recent activity. Make changes to existing and add new vendors as needed.
· Serve as the main contact with vendors for questions on open invoices. Provide customer service support to staff on the timing and handling of accounts payable checks. Follow-up on vendor statements to ensure we have all invoices they consider outstanding.
· Perform periodic updates to vendor W-9 records maintaining 1099 information within the database. Manage and maintain accounts payable vendor files. This includes the establishment of new files for vendors and the timely filing of weekly accounts payable checks and correspondence.
· Record on a daily/monthly basis all ULR and ULREDC cash receipts and debit/credit adjustments to bank accounts in accordance with closing schedule.
· Follow monthly closing schedule and assist other finance team members as may be necessary to ensure timely closing and processing of monthly financial reports.
· Timely and accurately post ULR monthly allocation and other journal entries into accounting software in conjunction with the Program Accountant.
· Follow up monthly on all checks over 3 months old. Reissue as necessary with CFO approval.
· Perform all other duties as assigned by CFO.
· Participate in regular supervision meetings.
· Attend and support ULR events and fundraising functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Urban League of Rochester is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, ability, age, or veteran status.
· High school diploma with 2-3 years’ experience in Accounts Payable
· High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality.
· Experience with Excel and ERP accounting systems.
· Strong motivation for process improvement.
· Must be fluent in Microsoft Word and Outlook
· Bills.com experience preferred
· Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to communicate with fellow associates, management, outside agencies and vendors