Program & G/L Accountant 92 views
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 2-year degree
1. For new programs (special focus on Business Development programs) – read proposals requests, understand the funding/budget parameters, and develop a budget and budget narrative based on those parameters.
2. For existing programs – analyze the new budget against past performance and understand variances.
3. Work with program directors and Program Planning, Research, and Evaluation (PPR&E) to determine staff and program-specific costs as necessary for both new and existing program budgets.
4. Actively manage and maintain contract management tracking spreadsheet to track and understand accounting and financial reporting requirements, including cash and in-kind match requirements.
5. Ensure all costs associated with the grant are properly recorded, and all costs charged against the grant are accurate.
6. Analyze costs against budget to ensure in line and variances are understood and properly communicated.
7. Prepare program accounting spreadsheet for assigned programs on a monthly basis.
8. Review accounting spreadsheets with the VP of Accounts Receivables on a monthly basis. Identify, discuss, and adjust any issues, including, but not limited to, program allocations, budget-to-actual variances, and programmatic changes.
9. Host monthly budget review meetings with program directors and PPR&E on a monthly basis to review accounting spreadsheets. Identify, discuss, and adjust any issues, including, but not limited to, program allocations, budget-to-actual variances, and programmatic changes.
10. Prepare vouchers/billings for assigned contracts/grants within the timeline of the agreement.
11. Prepare budgets and related documents for new contract proposals as assigned.
12. Prepare contract-related reports for assigned programs on a timely basis.
13. Prepare Medicaid billings for assigned Medicaid-funded programs, and process Medicaid re-bills as needed.
14. Assist the VP of Accounts Receivable with a monthly analysis of open Accounts Receivable balances. Follow up with funders regarding outstanding billings.
15. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Sr. V.P. of Fin
· Associate’s Degree in Accounting with at least 3 years of experience in general accounting and/or grant/contract management.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with at least 2 years of experience in general accounting and/or grant/contract management.
· Ability to read contracts, summarize the accounting and financial reporting requirements and translate that information into appropriate accounting entries and transactions
· Experience managing federal, state, and local program accounts is a plus
· Ability to function effectively as part of a team
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
· Ability to interface with external vendors
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Must be customer service oriented
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well as a team
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with Business Central is a plus