Adjunct Faculty, Computer Information Systems 164 views
- Experience Level Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education Master's Degree
Function of Position
Adjunct faculty in Computer Information Systems (aka “Management Information Systems”) prepare and teach courses in the Business Administration department, develop new educational materials, and assist with the assessment of student learning, as appropriate. Classes may be assigned at the Brighton and/or Downtown Campus. The delivery modality may be face-2-face, online, remote, or hybrid (campus and online). Adjunct faculty report to the chairperson of the Business Administration Department. The successful candidate will bring a passion for teaching and a desire to support and mentor MCC students as they pursue educational and career goals.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates and maintains current subject knowledge.
- Teaches courses and evaluates student performance in Computer/Management Information Systems as per guidelines set by the department and Monroe Community College.
- Teaches course(s)/section(s) each term, as outlined by the contract and as available.
- Prepares lesson plans and creates instructional materials and activities for student engagement.
- Prepares Course Information Sheet/Syllabus/Outlines in accordance with department and College guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains an engaging and supportive classroom environment.
- Maintains student attendance records, grades, and other records according to department and College guidelines and submits them in a timely manner.
- Assists department with student retention and completion initiatives including early alert.
- Develops innovative teaching pedagogy to facilitate learning.
- Incorporates high impact teaching practices into course design, as appropriate.
- Actively engages in pedagogical and academic discipline professional development.
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize workflow and multi-task.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities assigned by the department chair, as appropriate.
- Earned master’s degree in a computer-related area such as Computer or Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or Computer Science from a regionally accredited higher education institution.
- Demonstrated mastery of 3 or more of these specific skills:
- Basic PC and Network Architecture.
- Relational database architecture, structure, and function.
- Ability to program in an object-oriented programming language.
- Ability to teach Computer/Management Information courses within the Business Administration department.
- Evidence of effective communication skills (interpersonal, speaking, and writing).
- Commitment to supporting an equitable and inclusive environment on campus.
- Evidence of respect for and understanding of people with diverse backgrounds, abilities, and needs.
- Evidence of commitment to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college.
- Experience and/or interest in developing and teaching online courses.
- Commitment to continued professional growth.
- Two years teaching experience at an institute of higher education.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, implementing a variety of teaching strategies.
- Experience teaching using a learning management system such as BlackBoard, Canvas, or Moodle.
- Experience with computerized student record management.