Adjunct Faculty, Dental Hygiene 154 views
- Experience Level Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
Function of Position:
Adjunct faculty prepare and teach courses in the department, develop new educational materials, and assist with the assessment of student learning, as appropriate. Classes may be assigned for the Brighton and/or Downtown Campus, extension site, or an online, remote, or hybrid modality, as needed. Adjunct faculty report to the Dental Studies program director and the chairperson of the Health Professions Department. The successful candidate will bring knowledge, a passion for teaching and a desire to support and mentor MCC students as they pursue educational and career goals.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates and maintains current subject area knowledge.
- Teaches clinical and/or didactic courses and evaluates student performance in Dental Studies as per guidelines set by the program, department and Monroe Community College.
- Teaches course(s)/section(s), as outlined by the contract and as available.
- Prepares lesson plans and creates instructional materials and activities for student engagement.
- Prepares Course Information Sheet/Syllabus/Outlines in accordance with department and College guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains an engaging and supportive classroom environment.
- Maintains student attendance records, grades, and other records according to department and College guidelines and submits them in a timely manner.
- Assists department with student retention and completion initiatives.
- Develops innovative teaching pedagogies to facilitate learning.
- Incorporates high-impact teaching practices into course design, as appropriate.
- Actively engages in pedagogical and academic discipline professional development.
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize workflow.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities assigned by the department chair, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates professionalism.
- Adheres to the College Code of Conduct.
- Contributes to, supports, and maintains an equitable, inclusive, and collaborative College environment.
- Maintains technological competencies utilized by the College.
- Commits to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college.
- Commits to professional growth. which includes seeking ongoing training in diversity, equity and inclusion to better serve students.
- Earned Bachelor’s degree or higher in health, science, education, or related field from a regionally accredited higher education institution, to teach didactic program courses.
- Licensed in New York State as a Dental Hygienist or a Dentist, with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in Dental Hygiene.
- Evidence of the ability to teach didactic and clinical courses within the program.
- Evidence of effective communication (interpersonal, speaking, and writing) skills.
- Evidence of proficiency with technology
- Commitment to supporting an inclusive environment on campus.
- Evidence of respect for and understanding of people with diverse backgrounds, abilities, and needs.
- Evidence of commitment to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college.
- Commitment to continued professional growth.
- Earned Master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited higher education institution.
- Clinical teaching experience in dental hygiene.
- Classroom teaching experience in dental hygiene or dental assisting.
- Experience in online learning.
- Experience in developing and teaching online courses.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, implementing a variety of teaching strategies.
- Experience with computerized student record management.
- Experience with computerized patient management systems.