Senior Staff Specialist-CCRG 20 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 2-year degree
Detailed Job Description
The Sr. Staff Specialist will be responsible to the Research Center Director for all management of administrative, financial and operational activities for the Center for Computational Relativity and Gravitation (CCRG). This position will also work closely with the Principal Investigators on financial and administrative aspects of multidisciplinary sponsored research activities
- Assist with department accounting and financial reporting (e.g., processing journal entries; verifying procurement card transactions; performing account reconciliations; preparing and initiating purchase orders; invoice payment forms; preparing Signature Interdisciplinary Research Area quarterly and annual report, examining accounting documents to determine that transactions are properly supported in accordance with institutional and sponsor policies and procedures.
- Assist with maintaining budgets and all aspects of finance pertaining to multiple grants and projects (e.g., monitor budget reports, assist with budget projections, review Oracle reports, and meet with the program director on regular basis to review the budgets).
- Manage research group personnel and develop appropriate group policies (hiring student employees, liaison with various Institute departments, including Accounting, SPA, HR, FMS, etc., to ensure accurate and timely resolution of any outstanding issues, and support coordinating public relations efforts).
- Provide administrative support to the faculty, students and visitors of CCRG (e.g., organizing research workshops, room reservations, develop and monitor schedules, make travel arrangements, reconcile pre-paid airfare, review travel charges, and prepare the Travel Expense Reimbursement Forms).
- Other Duties as Assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Associates or Equivalent Experience
- 5 years of related administrative experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaboration and facilitation skills
- Strategic problem solving
- Assessment and decision making skills
- Bachelors/Masters degree
- RIT SPA experience
- Grant management related to OMB regulations
- Familiar with RIT SPA, HR, and F&A practices
- Ability to communicate complex information both orally and in writing, with individuals of various backgrounds.
- Knowledge of a wide range of management principles, practices, and theories; and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods to research center operations.
- Ability to maintain effective relationship with a variety of individuals and organizations.