Administrator I, Office of the Provost 55 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 2-year degree
With limited direction and considerable latitude for independent judgment and decision-making, the Administrator provides high-level support to the Office of the Provostmaintaining an effective, efficient, and professional office environment. The position is responsible for representing the Office of the Provost in a professional manner to a variety of internal and external constituents, including trustees, senior executives, deans, faculty, staff, students, alumni, community members, and the Office of the President. This position requires a person with sound judgment, professionalism, attention to detail, outstanding communication skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- This position will have the responsibility of providing support to the Executive Assistant to the Provost to include but not limited to having in depth knowledge of all operational needs of the Office of the Provost and being capable of making decisions on behalf of the Provost’s Executive Assistant. This will include direct interaction with the Board of Trustees, Office of the President and internal and external constituents.
- In partnership with the Executive Assistant, the Administrator will manage the daily operations of the office by serving as the principal point of contact for the Office of the Provost. The operational responsibilities of the office will include a wide variety of simple to complex assignments ensuring a high-functioning, productive environment.
- In addition, the Administrator will be responsible for managing financial matters by performing analyses necessary to ascertain integrity of accounting data, account balances and timeliness of reporting. In this role will make day-to-day interpretations and decisions about the accounting treatment of financial transactions.
- The Administrator will also provide administrative support to senior members of the Provost Team who work closely with deans, vice presidents, and senior members of university administration, along with external members of the community.
College degree or an equivalent combination of experience and training. Five years or more, preferred, of relevant office administration experience.
Requires, attention to detail, excellent professional and interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with senior administrators, faculty, staff, and students. Strong communications skills (verbal and written) and good organizational skills. High proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.