Guest Services Supervisor 15 views
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education Some College
The Strong, one of the country’s largest history museums and leading museums serving families, is looking for a patient, positive, friendly, and approachable individual to join its team as a full-time guest services supervisor. In addition to creating a welcoming and engaging environment for museum guests and exceeding guest expectations to create an exceptional experience, the guest services supervisor serves as a visible, active role model for gallery hosts.
Reporting to the director of guest services, this position provides direct, supportive coaching and guidance to front-line staff and assists in resolving guest concerns of varying complexity. The guest services supervisor is passionate about making a difference in a guest’s day, is knowledgeable about the museum, and likes to have fun!
- Provide extraordinary guest service and go above and beyond expectations as appropriate. Resolve guest complaints quickly and effectively utilizing service recovery techniques.
- Maintain an overall awareness and knowledge of the museum’s mission, history, programs, and special events as they affect museum visitation, and effectively communicate this information to guests to enhance the museum experience.
- Ability to work in every area of guest services including all exhibits, train, carousel, ropes course, and admissions desk.
- Ensure that all guest service and safety procedures and standards are followed and that exhibit areas are kept clean, neat, and well-stocked.
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, and extended schedules during peak periods and as scheduled.
- Operate POS register systems, operate a scheduling and reservations system, and maintain an accurate admissions database. Prepare routine reports, trainings, and assist with special projects as assigned.
- Follow all loss prevention and cash handling policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Two years’ experience providing outstanding service to guests with the comfort level and ability to address guest concerns of a complex nature.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with open availability, including weekends and holidays.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience supervising staff is a plus.
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Starting salary: $17.50
The final candidate must consent to and pass a drug screen as conditions of employment. The Strong is an Equal Opportunity Employer.