Adjunct Faculty, Photography
- Salary Offer $1,150- $1,403 per contact hour
- Experience Level Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
Function of Position:
Adjunct faculty prepare and teach courses in the department, develop new educational materials, and assist with the assessment of student learning, as appropriate. Classes may be assigned for the Brighton and/or Downtown Campus, extension site, or an online, remote, or hybrid modality, as needed. Adjunct faculty report to the chairperson of the Visual and Performing Arts Department. The successful candidate will bring a passion for teaching and a desire to support and mentor MCC students as they pursue educational and career goals.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates and maintains current subject area knowledge
- Teaches courses and evaluates student performance in photography as per guidelines set by the department and Monroe Community College
- Teaches course(s)/section(s), as outlined by the contract and as available
- Prepares lesson plans and creates instructional materials and activities for student engagement
- Prepares Course Information Sheet/Syllabus/Outlines in accordance with department and College guidelines
- Establishes and maintains an engaging and supportive classroom environment
- Maintains student attendance records, grades, and other records according to department and
- College guidelines and submits them in a timely manner
- Assists department with student retention and completion initiatives
- Develops innovative teaching pedagogies to facilitate learning
- Incorporates high-impact teaching practices into course design, as appropriate
- Actively engages in pedagogical and academic discipline professional development
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize workflow
- Performs other duties and responsibilities assigned by the department chair, as appropriate
- Adheres to the College Code of Conduct.
- Contributes to, supports, and maintains an equitable, inclusive, and collaborative College environment.
- Maintains technological competencies utilized by the College.
- Commits to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college.
- Commits to professional growth. which includes seeking ongoing training in diversity, equity and inclusion to better serve students.
- Earned master’s degree or higher in Photography from a regionally-accredited higher education institution
- Ability to teach courses within the department
- Evidence of effective communication skills (interpersonal, speaking, and writing)
- Commitment to supporting an inclusive environment on campus
- Evidence of respect for and understanding of people with diverse backgrounds, abilities, and needs
- Evidence of commitment to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college
- Evidence of proficiency with technology
- Experience and/or interest in developing and teaching online courses
- Commitment to continued professional growth
- Teaching experience
- Knowledge of, or experience in, implementing a variety of teaching strategies
- Awareness of the potential value of technology as a tool for teaching
- Experience with computerized student record management
- Bilingual and able to read, write, and speak Spanish, or other languages, proficiently
Pay Rate for Fall 2023 & Spring 2024: Determined on adjunct rank and ranges from $1,150- $1,403 per contact hour
Monroe Community College prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, familial status, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence, victim status, criminal conviction, or any other characteristic or status protected by state or federal laws or College policy in admissions, employment, and treatment of students and employees, or in any aspect of the business of the College.
Monroe Community College is seeking a pool of qualified applicants for possible temporary part-time faculty teaching assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed basis and are on-going recruitment efforts. Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year-round for assignments based on college needs. Those applicants that are selected to move forward with the recruitment process will be contacted to set up an interview.