Motion Graphics Designer/Videographer 169 views2 applications
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
The WXXI Motion Graphics Designer / Videographer is an experienced motion graphic designer and videographer with a passion for storytelling and for the Rochester community. They are responsible for the creation and execution of multi-dimensional, visually stimulating motion graphics, animation and live video content for a diverse array of media and distribution platforms including but not limited to television, the web, smart phones and mobile devices.
The ideal candidate is proficient in creating motion graphic design assets and animation using the programs included in Adobe Creative Suite. The candidate also has technical knowledge and experience creating video content using professional video cameras, lighting and audio equipment.
Reporting to the TV Executive Producer, this candidate has the ability to work on multiple projects independently as well as collaboratively to meet deadlines. This position is integral in bringing creativity to the community oriented, educational, inspirational programming being developed by multiple departments at WXXI.
Demo reels and/or work samples are recommended for consideration and must be submitted via URL, either within the application or cover letter.
- Motion / Still Graphic Design – Creation of motion graphic assets, social media posts and distribution, graphic elements and motion graphics animation to be used in post production of content destined for online, social media, print and/or broadcast distribution
- Videography – Reliable, accurate lighting and shooting of studio and field interviews, live action segments, still images and dynamic B-roll
- Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in television or film production or the equivalent
- 2-3 years’ professional motion graphic design experience
- Prior videography training and experience preferred
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 50 lbs. in production equipment.
- A valid New York State driver’s license and good driving record.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of public broadcasting. Strong commitment to excellence in the finished product.
Skills & Abilities
- Post-production motion graphics creation, editing, and asset management skills
- Reliable videography, camera, lighting and photography skills. Ability to learn and grasp new and advanced software and camera technology a plus.
- Must have strong attention to detail, be a proactive and collaborative team player, and work quickly, accurately, and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Work week is Monday through Friday; required to work occasional evenings and weekends on a project by project basis
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and meet stated deadlines.
- Focus, follow-through, dependability and good judgment are critical for success in this role.
- The ability to continue to build on a baseline skill set, learn new techniques, approaches and delivery methods is a must.
Candidate must be familiar with the following product(s)/ software/equipment:
- Microsoft Windows / Office Suite
- Mac OSX
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Non-linear editing software: primarily Adobe Premiere Pro
- Motion Graphics software: primarily After Effects
- Sony FS5 Mark II and Sony A7SII camera operation
- Basic Lighting Kit set up and operation
WXXI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition, gender identity or expression, carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.