Assistant Director of Customer Relations & Events 17 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
Detailed Job Description
Please note: this position may require the ability to work some weekends and evenings throughout the year.
The assistant director is responsible for developing strategies that foster an environment of innovation and continuous improvement in order to provide an outstanding customer experience that delivers our brand promise and promotes RIT housing to all who interact with our front office. Assists the RIT Service Center with escalated phone calls and questions via Slack and email to help answer over 65,000 touch points in our front office. This position supervises 25+ student ambassadors and a summer conference staff of 6 students that provide services at the front desk, give residence hall tours, assist at events, and help coordinate conferences. Manages all aspects of RIT’s summer conference housing program that creates revenue greater than $.5M. Develops and delivers RIT Housing’s social media plan and manages our website to increase and promote engagement, educate and inform, and to advertise RIT Housing. Manages all events related to RIT Housing: move-in/move-out, Admission open houses, pop-up events, Room with a View, housing fairs, global student/campus awareness events, academic presentations, etc. This position reports to the associate director.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate the performance of 25+ student ambassadors and a student staff of 6 for summer conferences for front desk coverage, tours, events, summer conferences, and managing tickets in ServiceNow.
- Develop and implement a plan to ensure that continuous improvement occurs in our customer service and engagement with our social media and website increases. Develop short and long-term assessment and benchmarking plans to evaluate our customers’ experiences with our front office via in-person, phone, email, events, conferences, and social media and website. Create strategies for identified improvement opportunities and identify resources needed to complete.
- Manage all events related to RIT Housing: move-in/move-out, Admission open houses, pop-up events, Room with a View, housing fairs, global student/campus awareness events, academic presentations, etc.
- Manage RIT’s Summer Conference Housing program and all related functions: development of budget, group contracts, amenities and services provided, and staffing.
- This position will collaborate with RIT Global to develop campus events highlighting our global campuses.
- Manage RIT Housing website – continuously update and maintain. Work with ITS regarding any needed changes. Develop a digital communications strategic plan that grows RIT Housing’s presence on social media and other digital outlets while promoting and marketing our brand promises and educating our followers on processes and policies. Expand our digital presence by adopting new communication channels and toolsMonitor social media accounts and respond as needed to comments, customer inquiries, and report meaningful threads to the associate director.
- Manage administrative functions related to payroll, HR, and on-boarding new student staff.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or other applicable major and 4+ years’ experience required.
- High level of experience in leading, building, training, and supervising a team
- Strong experience in developing digital and written communication plan for web and social media
- Proven customer-centric focus; ability to influence culture, drive change
- Experience conducting assessments and benchmarking via surveys, forums, focus groups, etc.
- Experience with event planning and implementation
- Excellent proficiency in language skills and grammar
- Proven experience with process improvement
- Proven experience using technology and common software – MS Office Suite
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented with ability to effectively handle multiple and changing priorities
- Skilled in sign language or willingness to learn