Assistant Director of Digital Health Operation 23 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
The Assistant Director of Digital Health Operation is responsible for managing and coordinating the Telehealth program within URMC by providing professional leadership, consultation and expertise as well as day-to-day administrative and operational leadership of the program’s activities to drive the adoption and utilization of telehealth. Works closely with Sr. Director of Strategic Initiatives, Sr. Director for Digital Health, Chief Medical Information Officer and with hospital and practice leadership to expand Digital Patient Care for advancing patient access, clinical delivery and quality outcomes beyond the physical facilities of the enterprise through Multiple Telehealth initiatives.Develops and implements program related policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DIGITAL PATIENT CARE DELIVERY PROGRAM OVERSIGHT
- Day-to-Day Operations
- Oversees all facets of the daily operations of the program providing leadership and oversight for clinical care delivery improvement, physician adoption and expansion of telehealth services.
- Coordinates and ensures collaboration of cross-departmental/cross-functional technical, clinical and support staff in the planning, development, implementation and ongoing usage of the Telehealth program.
- Ensures telehealth strategies, policies, procedures and workflows are embedded in ongoing operations, standardized across the enterprise, and support the achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
- Maintains, develops, strengthens and tracks activities for the telehealth program to increase utilization and expansion of clinical services across the continuum of care thru telehealth channels.
- Collaborates with hospital(s) and practice Sr. Leadership and departments to advocate and coordinate the use of telehealth solutions and workflows with external partners and other outside organizations.
- Works collaboratively with providers to ensure project workflows, operating procedures and processes are developed and documented using continuous improvement techniques (reliable methods, visual cues) to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identifies issues and quickly mobilize SWAT teams to drive improvements.
- Ensures that process are followed and takes corrective action when they are not
- Uses Daily Management Systems techniques to monitor and evaluate program effectiveness and implements changes required for improvement.
- Day to Day Management of Key Metrics based on national benchmarks and URMC internal targets.
- Interprets metrics with an underlying understanding of how it impacts URMC financial performance.
- Monthly reporting
- All Telehealth Initiatives
- A subject matter expert in telehealth operations by maintaining a working knowledge of ancillary components of Telehealth around billing, contracting options, credentialing, reimbursement, workflow, regulations, etc.
- Evaluates workflows to ensure compliance with changing federal and state guidelines
- Continually researches current operational/technical trends related to digital patient care delivery models in an effort to provide the highest quality solutions. When possible, attends conferences and webinars to enhance knowledge of those trends. Conducts benchmarking studies with other academic medical centers and technology experts.
- Works collaboratively with Contracting, clinicians, etc. to ensure the proper contracting processes are followed.
- Tracks all telehealth contracts and their components – new, renewal, equipment, billing, etc.
- New sites
- Revisions/renewals to existing sites
- Works with ISD, Informatics, and Operational stakeholders to ensure all training materials are updated and distributed.
- Provides consultation on technical options that align with clinical and operational requirements. Conducts demonstrations, develops training programs and documentation around the use of telehealth solutions.
- Continues to maintain all resource guides, workflow diagrams and other telehealth resource documents.
- Business Development
- Develop and implement tactical plans for projects in accordance with the broader strategic goals of the organization. Partners with the Sr. Director of Digital Health in strategic planning, business development and implementation of telehealth services.
- Develops and project manages the operational design and maintain expertise for all operational components for new business. Works with appropriate lines of business to understand the clinical, technical and security requirements related to the new initiative. Responsible for the overall standardization, quality and high reliability of implemented solutions.
- Develops and monitors capital and operating budgets relative to the digital patient care delivery infrastructure.
- In collaboration with the Sr. Director of Digital Health works with outside vendors on developing operational solutions; manages contract development and vendor relationships; ensures infrastructure has appropriate maintenance contracts and are kept at fully supported versions.
- Telehealth Intranet site
- Keep intranet site current to ensure ease of knowledge sharing when not available. Maintain appropriate documentation where appropriate (i.e., MyIT, SharePoint, Telemedicine Intranet page, etc.) New Business
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
Participates in ISD management committees, Informatics team projects, and LEAN initiatives as requested.
Follows departmental standards relative to requisition processing, time reporting, travel and conference documentation, mandatory testing requirements.
Facilitate/Document Telehealth Internal Meetings/
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in information sciences, business administration or equivalent and 4-5 years of management level experience in project management, finance and/or health care setting. Nursing degree and/or Graduate degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Direct patient care experience strongly preferred.
Lean Practioner or Lean Experience a plus.
Ability to exercise a high degree of independence, initiative, judgement, discretion and decision-making to prioritize workload and achieve program objectives.
Ability to quickly assimilate, assess and act upon new concepts, trends and initiatives.
Must be energetic, forward-thinking, innovative and change-oriented with a positive and professional image.
Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple projects with attention to detail in a complex healthcare environment.
High degree of technical expertise within excel, power point and electronic medical records with ability to quickly learn new/changing technologies; prior telemedicine program experience highly desirable.
Strong communication and collaboration skills required; ability to produce presentations and conduct meetings involving wide range of skillsets. Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
This role involves complex projects and demands independent decision making, project management skills and superior customer service interactions and relationship management with a wide range of contacts.