Assistant Residence Manager 29 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
What would I be doing?
- Assists the Residence Manager in providing for the supervision, assistance, and training of all staff and individuals living in the home.
- Provides training and supervision in activities of daily living including: self-help, communication, interpersonal relations and leisure activities.
- Fulfills all advocate responsibilities as assigned. Communicates with family, guardian, and/or correspondents and advocates for individuals in absence of same.
- Administers, supervises and/or monitors administration of medications and medical treatment as prescribed by a Physician.
- Observes and documents individual’s performance and behaviors to facilitate assessment and development of service goals.
- While performing the duties of this job, in order to instruct, care for, and assist the individuals we support, the employee is frequently required to: stand, bend, kneel, walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects or equipment; reach with hands and arms; communicate and see. The employee is also occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift, transfer, and/or move up to 35 pounds.Assistant Residence Managers may be required to go to different locations depending on the needs of the agency.
Required to successfully learn and implement preventative strategies as required by OPWDD including but not limited to OPWDD S.C.I.P. Level 1, S.C.I.P.-R. Level II or PROMOTE competencies based on the needs of the individuals the employee is supporting (not applicable to In Home Supports, Community Hab or Relief)
What experience do I need for a Assistant Residence Manager role?
- We look for caring, compassionate, and dedicated people.
- One year of experience in providing care to individuals with developmental disabilities or direct care in a related field is preferred.