Associate Director of Family and Retiree Engagement 27 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
Detailed Job Description
The Associate Director of Family and Retiree Engagement is responsible for expanding and directing a comprehensive parent and family engagement program at RIT, with a focus on legacy families. Working under the Senior Director of Parent, Retiree and Faculty/Staff Alumni Relations, the primary responsibilities include planning and executing events, managing volunteers, identifying and supporting philanthropic strategies, and working with partners across campus to create meaningful engagement opportunities. The Associate Director also assists with the execution of the RIT Retiree Program, including volunteer management and event planning in support of the Senior Director of Parent, Retiree and Faculty/Staff Alumni Relations. From admission to graduation and beyond, the Associate Director is responsible for establishing and managing successful relationships that result in increased student and family affinity for RIT, as well as in the retiree population. The Associate Director will also support fundraising initiatives to broaden RIT’s donor base and create new donor pipelines. In particular, the Associate Director will develop engagement activities for annual, leadership, major and principal-gift level parent and grandparent prospects.
- Coordinate all parent, family and legacy-related activities with colleagues from across the Division of Development and Alumni Relations and campus, working to build parent and family components into existing programming while also developing strategic family-only opportunities.
- Develop, in particular, meaningful engagement opportunities and programs for legacy families and RIT faculty/staff parents. Responsible for Summer Send-off events for incoming RIT freshmen and their families, which includes: identifying and securing hosts, and overall management of events, including traveling to the majority of regional send-off events, working with campus partners for programming preparation, and providing a welcoming and informative event for families.
- Coordinate the committee, award selection process and distribution of awards for the Alumni Legacy Endowed Scholarship.
- Meet with RIT parent and family constituents both locally and across domestic chapters to identify and cultivate individuals for further engagement at RIT.
- Collaborate with the Fund for RIT, leadership giving, major/principal gifts, and planned giving teams on cultivation and solicitation strategies to support the increase and retention of the number of donors and dollars raised from parents, families, and retirees.
- Supports the Senior Director with programming for the RIT Retirees, including event logistics, volunteer committee needs, and other areas as needed.
- Leads the communications strategy for these groups, including print, email, web, and social networking platforms.
The Division of Development and Alumni Relations is dedicated to advancing the mission and vision of RIT. Strategically critical to achieving the university’s goals, the Division of Development and Alumni Relations nurtures lifelong, mutually beneficial relationships with alumni, parents, friends, faculty/staff and organizations resulting in deeper connections, greater volunteer engagement and increased philanthropic support. We are a team-oriented, highly collaborative Division working with all areas of the university to maximize fundraising opportunities and alumni involvement.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience in alumni relations, development, volunteer management or related field.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills, listening, diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships with donors, volunteers, and faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Ability to use multiple marketing channels including social media to connect and promote programs.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills and ability to manage multiple programs and deadlines at one time.
- Intermediate computing skills including MS Office application and experience using database or CRM systems.
- Travel including evening and weekend work required.
- High degree of flexibility.
- Total Jobs 8 Jobs
- Slogan RIT is a kaleidoscope of curious minds working together through creativity and innovation to find new ways to move the world forward.
- Location Rochester
- Full Address 8 Lomb Memorial Drive, Rochester NY 14623