Assistant Audit Manager (Pittsford) 44 views
- Experience Level Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
Responsible for overseeing audits of various departments, functions, and regulatory compliance within the organization. Assists the Chief Auditor and the Audit Manager in the design and administration of audit policy and procedure. Supports the Chief Auditor in management of the Internal Audit Department to include, but not limited to, developing the annual audit plan, writing internal audit programs, attending Audit Committee Meetings, supervising assigned staff, reviewing work papers, and writing reports. Coordinates work within the department as well as with other departments. Reports pertinent information to the Chief Auditor. Responds to inquiries and requests from other bank personnel, etc. Provides leadership, on-the-job training and technical guidance to staff as is necessary. Assists the Chief Auditor with various administrative tasks. Works independently with limited direction and guidance and interacts with senior management at all levels within the organization. Acts on behalf of the Chief Auditor when necessary.
What is needed to be successful in this role?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or an Audit Certification (e.g. CPA, CFSA, CBA, CIA).
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ audit experience in banking/financial services
- Possess knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong comprehension of internal auditing standards, generally accepted accounting principles, FDICIA, COSO, and risk assessment practices
- A thorough knowledge of all bank regulatory requirements
What does a successful first year in this position look like?
- Assists in the development of a comprehensive risk-based audit plan for evaluating the effectiveness of controls in place to manage significant risk exposures, ensure the integrity and reliability of information and financial reporting, safeguard company assets, and comply with laws and regulations.
- Designs audit scope and procedures to ensure audits are performed in accordance with industry standards and provide appropriate guidance for staff.
- Supervises and directs staff. Delegates sections of procedures to staff, directs audit staff during field work, resolves problems, reviews completed field work for accuracy and completion.
- Provides leadership, on-the-job training, and technical guidance to the other Audit Staff. Performs annual performance reviews for assigned staff.
- Analyzes audit findings, determines exceptions, and discusses findings with appropriate personnel.
- Prepares audit reports, which includes procedures or policies in violation and recommendations for corrective action, and presents reports to the Chief Auditor for approval.
What makes working at CNB different?
At CNB, we are Investing in You. Our strong corporate culture is based upon seven Core Values: Honesty and Integrity, Responsibility, Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Professionalism, and Commitment. Our culture nurtures passionate employees and offers great rewards including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA options for both part-time and full-time employees. Medical coverage is also offered for domestic partners.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time.
- Retirement benefits that include a 401(k), Profit Sharing, and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Training & Development Opportunities.
- Tuition Assistance.
- Volunteer Opportunities.
- Award Winning Wellness program that promotes a solid work/life balance.
- Banking perks and discount programs.
Our goal is to ensure that our bank, employees, and our community thrive and grow, now and for the next 125 years. We’re in it for the long haul. What truly sets us apart from other financial institutions is the quality and commitment of our employees. We’ve assembled a diverse team of people who share a primary focus: to provide exceptional service for our customers.
As an organization, we are committed to hiring, training, developing, promoting, and celebrating employees from historically disadvantaged groups. At CNB, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, education, and culture.
As the only local, full-service, community-owned financial institution in the Rochester area, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust is Investing in You. If you want to be a part of something special, join us today!
Canandaigua National Corporation and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.