BAAC Logistics Manager (Facilities Management) 19 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level All, Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
Reporting to the Executive Director – Talent Management & Administration, the BAAC Logistics Manager is responsible for space planning and execution thereof, signage, grounds maintenance, monitoring and maintaining office facilities, assets and capital equipment, space rental to internal and external constituents. Works in conjunction with UR Facilities & Services, Property, Plant & Equipment, Campus Planning Design and Construction Management.
Space Planning and Execution
- Under the direction of the executive director and working directly with internal Advancement departments and leadership to determine facility needs, make recommendations on possible solutions. Act as a liaison between Facilities or outside vendors and user to determine and implement best solution to meet the department and user’s needs. Assign space for Advancement staff, working closely with Advancement leadership and program directors to insure functional work space for programs and individuals. Engage and manage the process for ergonomic assessments and other related processes.
- Work with outside vendors on development, design, and recommendation to Advancement leadership for space needs necessitated by ever-changing and growing staff. Implementation of recommendations from design phase through completion of project. Work closely with key vendors for pricing, ordering, delivery, set-up and ongoing service and maintenance of furniture and equipment in effort to control costs. Make recommendations based on departmental budgets and/or policies to Executive Management representative for planning purposes.
- In conjunction with the executive director work with department Executive Management, Senior Leadership and staff members to coordinate individual and/or full departmental staff moves. Coordinates and executes contracts with UR approved moving companies as necessary. Directly acts as liaison with movers and space design planners and receives cost quotes to present to Executive Management. Recommends timing and implementation dates that will impact daily workflow minimally.
- Identify appropriate use of endowment funds for building & facility needs as per donor agreements and gift intent (i.e. Fairbank Fund), managing resulting projects from conception through recommendation and completion in consultation with Executive Director and Finance Manager.
- Investigate, recommend and manage Advancement projects which are outside of the regular scope of work, from inception to completion, such as installation of hearing loop system in partnership with appropriate leadership/partners.
- Manage the physical needs of incoming employees, including space assignment, computer, computer accounts, phones (office and mobile), nameplates, card reader access and key assignment in conjunction with Advancement Human Resources.
- Acts as primary contact with facilities & maintenance of BAAC. Indirectly oversees and manages facilities and maintenance staff, IT and housekeeping on BAAC projects. Determines priorities of immediate needs versus long-term.
Asset Management/Equipment Administrator
- Oversee Bloch Alumni and Advancement Center physical property. Monitor facilities needs and initiate requests for maintenance or repair as needed. Work closely with Facilities Management on the resolution of problems and the delivery of requested services (e.g., custodial, painting, carpentry, movers).
- Manage asset maintenance for the Advancement Office. Maintain inventory records of all equipment and furniture — owned and leased. Update URSpace system with equipment and furniture inventories. Work closely with Manager – Advancement Finance on budgeting and manage replacement process for furniture and equipment.
- Maintain Bloch Alumni and Advancement Center (BAAC) floor plans showing space assignments and available space. Maintain and oversee department storage locations allocating space to areas and ensuring proper and equitable use of space. Work on planning with senior leadership and maintain a highlevel of confidentiality and professionalism
- Coordinate with University IT on network logons, email accounts, mail groups. Work with UnivAdvIT on computer, phone, and mobile unit inventories, standardization of models, purchase, maintenance and replacement, including ongoing three year computer replacement program.
- Perform periodic audits of Advancement telecommunications usage and charges to insure compliance with University cost containment guidelines. Present recommendations to Executive Director and Executive Management, when needed.
Policies, Safety and Security
- Draft policies for Advancement on security, safety, building use and other topics as needed. Once approved by senior management, disseminate information to staff. Maintain emergency plans for BAAC, including university Parent Reunification Initiative. Coordinate with the UR Fire Marshal and Security Services to insure building compliance and employee safety. Develop and maintain the Office of Advancement Emergency Phone Tree. Maintain building policies and procedures.
- Gatekeeper for BAAC, responsible for staff access, key assignment, and wayfinding signage
- Responsible for BAAC space rental to internal and external clients, including site visits, negotiating rental cost, advising them on AV, security, housekeeping, furniture and catering requirements, booking the space and billing the client following the event.
- Function as the onsite contact during the event whether during normal business hours, after hours or on weekends. Provide external and internal signage to meeting attendees, and arrange for building access during off hours
- Ensure accurate calendaring for all rental space to avoid conflicts, and communicate spreadsheet of events to Advancement Staff, Security and Facilities
Other Duties as Assigned
Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years experience including some writing experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience or training in an office or similar setting; proficiency with PC software including Microsoft Office – especially Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Well-developed organizational skills and the ability to independently prioritize and handle multiple tasks, turning general instructions into specific action steps
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, accompanied by a pleasant personality and the willingness to work with and help others
- Customer service experience required, with a proven ability to manage difficult situations with challenging customers
- Ability to quickly and effortlessly change direction based on new/changing priorities
- Proven problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of UR Facilities