Business Development Specialist-EAC 29 views
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
The Urban League of Rochester seeks a Business Development Specialist, who will play a critical role in ensuring the League achieves its plans for growth in alignment with its mission and vision. Reporting to the Business Director, the Business Development Specialist is a vital team member within the organization as it directly supports our major programs: The Community Business Academy (CBA), PowerShift, Economic Self-Reliance (ESR) services and Minority/Women-owned Business Enterprises (MWBE).
This position provides an outstanding opportunity for a team member to make their mark in an innovative sector of the micro-enterprise development industry at a reputable, growing non-profit. Candidates must possess a passion for micro-enterprise and economic development, a mission-driven work ethic, and a proactive client centered attitude to help create an environment where our clients and partners achieve success.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Maintain and submit required documentation to supervisor in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met and to ensure effective program operation.
2. Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required.
3. Attend/support Urban League of Rochester events and fund raising functions.
4. Positively represent the programs and the Urban League in the community.
5. Perform such duties as supervisor may assign.
6. Conduct outreach and recruitment efforts, including program orientations and community presentations.
7. Provide one-on-one technical assistance and consulting services to new and existing minority/women owned businesses.
8. Plan and coordinate group and individual trainings for minority and women owned business owners interested in expanding their businesses and those interested in starting a business.
9. Complete and maintain program files, records and reports to track and assure successful program outcomes.
10. Participate in additional training as required for effective program operation.
11. Work with consultants to coordinate activities, appointments and submission of consultant’s billings.
12. Attend community functions to support and advertise services.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Development, Public Administration, Communications
• Background in Entrepreneurship/Business owner (Preferred)
• Knowledge of available community resources
• Knowledge about business structures
• Competency with social media
• Competency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, MLS
• Must be detail-oriented
• Must be customer service oriented and a team player
• Ability to relate to, communicate with and work with a diverse population and understand the issues relating to such population
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication with problem-solving skills
• Ability to work evenings and weekends when required
• Reliable transportation
• A documented history of successful project completion
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
• Excellent project management skills
• Growth mindset and a positive, self-starter attitude
• Comfort working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a customer-centered approach
• Mastery of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams) and Zoom video conferencing