Business Development Specialist – RWBC 196 views2 applications
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
The Urban League of Rochester seeks a Business Development Specialist, who will play a critical role in ensuring the League achieves its plans for growth in alignment with its mission and vision. This individual will report to the RWBC Business Director and will be responsible for the day-to-day support of our first ever ROC Women’s Business Center. The RWBC will serve minority female entrepreneurs; woman-owned start-ups and small businesses by providing training to create or expand businesses by learning the fundamentals and high level skills of business.
This position provides an outstanding opportunity for a team member to make their mark in an innovative sector of the micro-enterprise development industry at a reputable, growing non-profit. Candidates must possess a passion for micro-enterprise and economic development, a mission-driven work ethic, and a proactive client centered attitude to help create an environment where our clients and partners achieve success.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Maintain and submit required documentation to supervisor in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met and to ensure effective program operation.
2. Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required.
3. Attend/support Urban League of Rochester events and fund raising functions.
4. Positively represent the programs and the Urban League in the community.
5. Perform such duties as supervisor may assign.
6. Conduct outreach and recruitment efforts, including program orientations and community presentations.
7. Provide one-on-one technical assistance and consulting services to new and existing women owned businesses.
8. Plan and coordinate group and individual trainings for minority and women business owners interested in expanding their businesses and those interested in starting a business.
9. Complete and maintain program files, records and reports to track and assure successful program outcomes.
10. Participate in additional training as required for effective program operation.
11. Work with consultants to coordinate activities, appointments and submission of consultant’s billings.
12. Attend community functions to support and advertise services.
13. Attend Small Business Administration meetings with partner organizations as needed.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Development, Public Administration, Communications
• Background in Entrepreneurship/Business owner (Preferred)
• Knowledge of available community resources
• Knowledge about business structures
• Competency with social media
• Competency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, MLS
• Must be detail oriented
• Must be customer service oriented and a team player
• Ability to relate to, communicate with and work with a diverse population and understand the issues relating to such population
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication with problem-solving skills
• Ability to work evenings and weekends when required
• Reliable transportation
• A documented history of successful project completion
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
• Excellent project management skills
• Growth mindset and a positive, self-starter attitude
• Comfort working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a customer-centered approach
• Mastery of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams) and Zoom video conferencing
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Urban League of Rochester is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, ability, age, or veteran status.