Cafe Operator – Nights 15 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
- Overseeing the operation of the coffee shop during the evening hours
- Opening and closing the coffee shop
- Taking and fulfilling customers orders
- Training and overseeing student employees
- Stocking food, beverage and paper supplies
- Running the POS system as needed
- Cleaning the operation at closing so it is ready for opening the next day
- Maintaining RIT Dining and Monroe County health and sanitation procedures
- Other duties as assigned by Management
This is a busy location with coffee, tea, pastries ,smoothies and sandwiches. We serve approximately 600 customers per day. We are looking for someone that is a high energy leader that wants to be an integral part of a hard working creative team. The successful candidate will be expected to work side by side with students,and lead the operation during the evening hours.
As a member of the RIT community you’ll receive a well-balanced benefits package that offers a variety of choices and access to additional employment advantages. These benefits, combined with your pay, provide a total compensation package that can be tailored to meet your needs.
About RIT Dining Services
Dining Services supports all meal plans both on campus and at select off campus locations. We are looking for a high energy team member that enjoys working in a busy environment serving customers. The successful candidate will need to be able to work with a diverse student work force which may include of deaf / hard of hearing, and internationals students. Hours would change for breaks, intersession and summer semester. This position may support serving from 1500 to over 3000 customers (faculty, staff and students) in any one location on a daily basis.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- 1-2 years of high volume restaurant/coffee shop experience OR an equivalent combination of hospitality experience
- Serve Safe certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date
- Mature customer service skills in a fast paced environment