Care Manager 13 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
The Care Manager will use a person-centered model to provide care management services to Medicaid eligible members who exhibit two chronic health conditions or one single qualifying condition. The Care Manager will coordinate healthcare for the member by ensuring that the caregivers communicate with one another so that all of the person’s needs are addressed in a comprehensive manner. The Care Manager will oversee and provide access to all of the services the member needs in an effort to stay healthy, out of the emergency room, and out of the hospital. The Care Manager will determine eligibility, perform assessments, create a Plan of Care, ensure comprehensive transitional care, make referrals to community and social supports, and link services through Health Information Technology (HIT).
- Provide direct care management services while maintaining accurate, timely, and verifiable documentation of all services rendered.
- Provides annual home visits to Individuals to observe and analyze environmental surrounding.
- Demonstrated ability to assess, monitor and evaluate needs and progress in program.
- Must have excellent observation and analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrate good judgment and knowledge of community resources.
- Be adaptable and possess high tolerance for stress.
- Basic Outlook skills as evidenced by creating and sending messages, working with address books, message handling, creating and using personal folders, scheduling appointments, working with meeting requests and managing tasks.
- Basic Microsoft Word skills as evidenced by the ability to produce basic business letters and simple tables and charts; as well as check spelling, set tabs, change page orientation, sort, save, open and organize electronic files.
- Basic Excel skills as evidenced by the ability to use workbooks, create simple formulas, insert and delete data, create and edit charts, filter and sort lists, and format data.
Minimum Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Health or Human Services related field. Two years’ experience working with individuals with chronic medical conditions, intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, or mental health issues. Care Management experience preferred. Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may be considered
- Valid NYS Driver’s License. Availability of insured personal vehicle to transport self and occasionally individuals as necessary. Additional liability insurance for occasional transport of individuals served is recommended.
- Standing 10% of the day. Sitting 75% of the day. Walking 15% of the day.
- Occasionally required to reach and lift.
- Frequently required to lift and carry up to 10 pounds occasionally.
- Visual acuity necessary to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned; as well as view a computer terminal, extensive reading, preparing and analyzing data and figures.