Caseworker (CPS) Per Diem 356 views2 applications
- Salary Offer $19.03 - $24.13 per hour
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
CASEWORKER – PER DIEM for 6 Months
This position, located in the Department of Human Services, is responsible for CPS Investigations.
Duties also involve conducting home visits to investigate reports of abuse and/or neglect of children, assessing the safety of the environment, and providing necessary interventions such as removal and placement out of the home, or Family Court, when warranted. The focus of this position will be to close existing CPS Investigation cases. Duties are performed within well-defined laws and guidelines and under stressful conditions and can include de-escalating volatile situations. Travelling is a large part of the duties including visiting clients in jail as well as other locations in the community, and transporting clients in a motor vehicle. This level differs from the higher, Senior Caseworker by virtue of having more contact with clients and the lack of managing a casework team. The employee reports directly to, and works under the general supervision of, a Casework Supervisor, Senior Caseworker, or other higher level staff member. General supervision may be exercised over support staff. Does related work as required.
At least three (3) years of experience, within the last three (3) years, as a CPS Investigations Caseworker in Monroe County or any other County Department of Human Services in New York State. Must have completed all state mandated training including CPS CORE and CPS R/T.
Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
- (A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, Criminal Justice, Human Relations, Human Development and Family Studies, Child and Family Studies, Child Development, Social and Cultural Diversity, or a closely related field; or a psychology, sociology, or counseling field; OR,
- (B) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor’s degree plus one (1) year paid full-time or its part-time equivalent experience in social casework with a public or private agency; OR,
- (C) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor’s degree plus two (2) years paid full-time or its part-time equivalent professional* experience involving responsible public contact** in a social welfare organization, community oriented organization, residential treatment center for youth, or a juvenile detention center; OR,
- (D) An equivalent combination of education and experience as defined by the limits of (A), (B), and (C) above.
Monroe County government prohibits discrimination in employment, program activities, procurement and contracting against any person due to such person’s age, marital status, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, race, color, creed, sexual orientation or national origin.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Professional experience, for the purposes of these minimum qualifications, does not include clerical, secretarial, maintenance, labor or other similar work.
**Responsible public contact work, for the purposes of these minimum qualifications, is defined as substantial face-to-face communication with individuals (age twelve +) involving persuasion, teaching, negotiating, explaining, counseling, and similar activities. The nature of the content is such that it requires judgment on the part of the individual in dealing with, or responding to another person. It does not include duties related to areas such as providing medical care, issuing medications, and assisting clients with daily living skills.
Candidates for employment with Monroe County Government will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test, along with a background investigation. Failure to meet the standards may result in disqualification.
If you are appointed, you will be required to possess a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State or otherwise demonstrate your capacity to meet the transportation needs of the position.
** THERE IS NO RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT FOR THIS POSITION. **
- Total Jobs 4 Jobs
- Location Rochester
- Full Address 39 W Main St, Rochester, NY 14614