FT Custodian 12 month/year 130 views
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
Position TitleCleaner-F-T position, 12 months/yr.Required Application TypeSchool Related PersonnelSalary/Pay ScaleAccording to Board Approved rangeJob Description
Work Days/Hours: Monday – Friday 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
Primary Responsibility: To perform all necessary cleaning tasks required to service and maintain all the Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES locations. General cleaning of buildings and grounds. Dressed in approved uniform. Ready to begin at 3:00 pm.
- Current Driver’s License
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Remove and dispose of trash into an exterior dumpster.
- Collect recyclables and place in correct receptacles.
- Cleaning and disinfecting restroom fixtures, floors, sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains.
- Cleaning of Life Safety Equipment i.e.: Eye wash stations Safety showers
- Cleaning of all hallways, bathrooms, classrooms, shops and isolation rooms. – Disinfecting door handles, student desks and chairs.
- Maintain floors i.e.: dusting, sweeping and mopping. Vacuuming of carpets, floor matting, window ledges, etc. using Floor units or Backpack units. – In between student arrival and dismissal.
- Conference room clean including room setup or tear down, refreshment setup, or returns.
- Move furniture or equipment as required within or between buildings and/or as directed by the Director of Operations & Maintenance.Clean windows exterior and interior, classroom windows mirrors etc
- Delivering pandemic supplies and UPS
- Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish, waste/bio hazardous waste.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the Director of Operations & Maintenance.
- Report major repairs needed promptly to the Working Forman or an e-mail to the Director of Operations & Maintenance.
- Technology Proficient.
- Experience in project care and maintenance on equipment.
Civil Service TitleCleaner (Labor)Job Qualifications
Experience: Preferred experience in building cleaning and related activities including the ability to use supplies and equipment economically and efficiently; the ability to work as a team member as well as independently with motivation and judgement to complete all assigned tasks.
Education: High School Diploma