RTS Bus Washer – Driver’s License Required 195 views1 application
- Salary Offer $15.62 to start; $21.06 after 12 months
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 0-12 months
- Education NONE
Becoming a Bus Washer for Regional Transit Service is an excellent way to start a career with one of the nation’s top Transit Authorities. Through the cleaning of buses, you will be involved in a team that is critical to our customers’ health and safety, along with providing them with an overall satisfying customer experience.
In addition to cleaning duties, you will also be responsible for the fueling of buses and checking of fluids. Finally, one of the most critical aspects of the job is parking the buses in the correct location on the RTS campus so they are ready for service the next day.
A Class B Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake and Passenger Endorsements is required for this position; however, RTS is willing to provide training and the resources necessary to assist you in obtaining this license! Please note, you MUST have a Class B permit with passenger endorsement prior to starting.
WORK HOURS: Evening hours, 5:30 PM to 2:00 AM. Days off vary.
SALARY: $15.62 to start; $21.06 after 12 months
SCOPE OF WORK:
Work is physically demanding using power and hand tools. The work is performed in an outside environment regardless of weather. Applicants must possess: the ability to work in summer heat and winter cold; the ability to work in a noisy work environment; the ability to hear oncoming vehicles, horns and other verbal signals in and between buses without a line of sight; ability to perform work at a high rate of speed; ability to work in a dark and dimly lit work environment; ability to work in a confined space; ability to follow directions; ability to work in wet and slippery conditions; the ability to stand for long periods of time on hard and uneven surfaces; the ability to move from a standing position to stooping multiple times, ability to bend, squat, crouch, stretch, lift arms and hands over head; the ability to lift up to 50 pounds; ability to kneel on wet, flat, hard surfaces; ability to walk and move quickly through buses for several hundred feet. Employee must be dependable, arrive to work on time; honest and ability to work as a team.
- Valid NY State CLASS “B” CDL with passenger endorsement, preferred but not required (Will be required to obtain Class B permit with required endorsements prior to start date)
- Clean driving record
- A minimum of five (5) years Class “D” auto driving experience
- Criminal background check conducted
- Ability to pass pre-employment 19A physical and Federal drug test
- Special consideration given to applicants who already possess their CDL Class B permit/license with passenger endorsement and no air brake restriction
- Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
- On-site 24/7 Wellness Center
- Deferred Compensation
- Paid weekly
- Employee Assistance Program (Counseling, Health Advocacy, Financial & Legal Consultation, Health Coaching, Virtual Concierge, Discounts)
- Well-Being Program
- Culture & Inclusion Council