Access Bus Washer 195 views2 applications
- Salary Offer HOURLY RATE: $16.47
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 0-12 months
- Education NONE
RTS Access seeks to fill a Bus Washer position. Position exists to perform exterior and interior transit bus cleaning/washing, bus fueling and bus parking/placing. A Commercial Driver’s License is required for this position.
HOURLY RATE: $16.47
LOCATION: 588 Trabold Rd. Rochester, NY 14624
CURRENT AVAILABLE SHIFT: Monday-Friday, 5:00pm-1:00am. Union Environment.
- Staying Healthy: Medical, Dental, and Vision Care, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Feeling Secure: Disability Insurance, Pension Plan, NY State Deferred Compensation Plan, Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Specified Disease Insurance and Hospital Insurance
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, Verizon Wireless Discount, Wellness Center, Employee Wellness Program, Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF), Culture & Inclusion Council, BJ’s Wholesale Club Discount, and more!
SCOPE OF WORK & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is physically demanding using power and hand tools. The work is performed in an outside environment regardless of weather.
Applicants must have the ability to:
- Work in various temperatures including the summer heat and winter cold.
- Work in a noisy work environment.
- Hear oncoming vehicles, horns and other verbal signals in and between buses without a line of sight.
- Perform work at a high rate of speed.
- Work in a dark and dimly lit work environment.
- Work in a confined space.
- Follow directions.
- Work in wet and slippery conditions.
- Stand for long periods of time on hard and uneven surfaces.
- Move from a standing position to stooping multiple times, ability to bend, squat, crouch, stretch, lift arms and hands over head.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Kneel on wet, flat, hard surfaces.
- Walk and move quickly through buses for several hundred feet.
- Be dependable, arrive to work on time; honest and be able to work as a team.
- Valid Driver’s license (will be required to obtain a Class B permit with passenger endorsement prior to your start date)
- Clean driving record
- Criminal background check conducted
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical and Federal drug test
This is a Union environment in association with the Amalgamated Transit Union, Local 282. We offer a great benefits package!