Facilities Coordinator (Maintenance) 9 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education NONE
Responsible for monitoring the daily operation and maintenance of Rochester area buildings and grounds as well as the safety and security of buildings. Acts as an additional resource for Facilities Assistants and Sr. Facilities Assistants in need of coaching and support.
- Coordinates and oversees all contracts related to the maintenance of assigned building(s). including landscaping, snow removal, janitorial, refuse collections, recycling, window cleaning, etc.
- Handles contractor coordination of expense and capital projects each fiscal year. Answers questions and ensures project deadlines are met.
- Maintains security card access system for assigned building(s). This includes issuing/deleting fobs, adhering to security procedures, resolving end user issues, etc.
- Assigns daily work load to Facilities Assistants for assigned building(s). Ensures all facilities requests are completed quickly and efficiently for assigned building(s). Resolves any issues that arise.
- Assists Facilities Manager with annual budget process. Maintains expense sheets throughout fiscal year detailing expenses for assigned building(s).
- Addresses unexpected problems that arise such as door with broken glass, roof leak, plumbing issues, safety issues, etc. by assessing the situation and assigning a Facilities Assistant to fix the problem, fixing the problem themselves or calling in an outside company to fix the problem.
- Responds to building emergencies. Provides 24/7/365 on-call assistance for all building issues/problems.
- Ensures all mechanical systems (HVAC, cooling towers, chillers, boilers, etc.) are maintained and repaired in assigned building(s). This is done by assessing the situation and assigning a Facilities Assistant to fix the problem, fixing the problem themselves or calling the HVAC contractor. Schedule preventative maintenance.
- Maintains and tests fire system for assigned building(s). Includes testing horns/strobes, fire drills, resolving problems with system, etc. Schedules inspections and makes sure Paychex is abiding by Fire codes.
- Ensures all building inspections are completed and recorded according to required regulations, elevator inspections, cooling tower testing, fire system testing, backflow testing, etc.
- Provides feedback regarding performance, training opportunities, etc. to Manager for Facilities Assistants and Sr. Facilities Assistants.
- High school diploma and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and furniture systems is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Promotes information sharing.
- Time management skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
Paychex is dedicated to fostering a culture of intentional Inclusion and Diversity (I&D). Our valued employees and commitment to I&D is the essence of our internal and external success. Inclusivity is a key value of our corporate culture and is exemplified through our reputation as a top employer for employee development, diversity, and ethics, as well as a focus on fairness in recruitment, selection, and decision making.