Cleaner (Substitute) – All District Locations 98 views6 applications
- Salary Offer $15.00/hr.
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 0-12 months
- Education NONE
This is a labor position involving performance of cleaning duties in the upkeep of building interiors, furniture, and fixtures for a department, agency, hospital, or school. Work involves following simple routines and procedures in accomplishing tasks. This position is distinguished from entry-level custodial positions by absence of responsibility for minor maintenance work such as plumbing and carpentry. Employees may work split shifts. Work is performed under direct supervision of a Custodian or Head Custodian who assigns cleaning tasks and inspects completed work. Does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES: (All need not be performed in a given position. Other related activities may be performed although not listed.)
- Cleans and washes bathroom facilities;
- Sweeps, wet mops and dust mops hard surface floors, hallways, stairwells, and entrance ways;
- Dusts, polishes, and cleans office and school furniture, electrical fixtures, woodwork, stair railings, radiators, and venetian blinds;
- Washes marks, stains, and fingerprints from walls, tables, chairs, desks, cupboards, counters and glass;
- Vacuums carpets and stuffed furniture;
- Empties ashtrays, wastebaskets, and pencil sharpeners into large trash containers;
- Cleans and washes lavatory fixtures;
- Fills dispensers with soap and disposable paper products;
- Secures and locks windows and office and classroom doors;
- Turns off lights and unplugs small electrical appliances;
- Straightens office, classroom, and cafeteria furniture;
- May wash chalkboards and chalk trays;
- May wash windows;
- May set up cafeteria or conference room for movies, programs etc.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Working knowledge of building cleaning procedures, materials, and equipment; working knowledge of cleansing agents and proper applications; ability to follow oral and written instructions, especially as printed on cleansing agents; ability to operate a vacuum cleaner; willingness to perform repetitive cleaning tasks; ability to use cleansing agents and electrical equipment safely; dependability; conscientiousness; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: There are no education or experience qualifications for this position.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT FOR APPOINTMENT IN SCHOOL DISTRICTS AND BOCES:
Per Chapter 180 of the Laws of 2000, and by Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, to be employed in a position designated by a school district or BOCES as involving direct contact with students, a clearance for employment from the State Education Department is required.