Part-Time TASC Prep Program Instructor, Pre-Collegiate Partnerships 35 views
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
Summary and Purpose of Position:
The Pre-Collegiate Partnerships department at Monroe Community College (MCC) offers a pathway for individuals to earn a New York State High School Equivalency (HSE) Diploma through the TASC (Test Assessing Secondary Completion) Exam Pathway or Regents HSE Exam Pathway. Under this pathway, students are provided with a comprehensive HSE Preparation program that focuses on building an individuals’ academic skills in preparation for the High School Equivalency (HSE/TASC) exam and also support the subsequent enrollment at Monroe Community College (MCC). Due to the growing demand a part-time instructor is needed to provide TASC prep instruction and assist in coordinating critical program components.
Position Description: TASC Prep Program Instructor, Pre-Collegiate Partnerships (PCP)
The TASC) Prep Program Instructor at MCC will serve as the primary point of contact and will be responsible for the development, implementation, operation, monitoring and evaluation of the TASC Prep Program including direct instruction to students in the areas English, Writing, Science Social Studies and Mathematics. Also assist the PCP Director with program coordination.
· Develops, refines and administers TASC prep curriculum
· Deliver classroom instruction to TASC prep students at MCC campus;
· Prepares lesson plans/ course materials for all five TASC exams subjects: reading, Writing. Science, Social Studies and Mathematics;
· Plans, develops, and implements assessments that prepare students to take the TASC exam
· Provide student guidance during program and through TASC exam registration
· Assess and document student progress and readiness to take TASC exam.
· Assist with TABE assessment and student initial intake
· Track and maintain student attendance
· Coordinate application distribution and collection
· Correspondence to new students
· Serves as the liaison between internal /external offices (MCC Enrolment management offices)
· Conducts surveys of satisfaction and other assessment instruments to evaluate the success of the program.
· Performs additional duties as assigned by the Director of PCP.
- Adheres to the College Code of Conduct.
- Contributes to, supports, and maintains an equitable, inclusive, and collaborative College environment.
- Maintains technological competencies utilized by the College.
- Commits to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college.
- Commits to professional growth. which includes seeking ongoing training in diversity, equity and inclusion to better serve students.
· Earned Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited higher education institution.
· Ability to establish and design curriculum across several general education areas and implement formative and summative assessment in relation to these subjects
· Two years of experience in developmental education or teaching developmental reading/writing and/or math skills to adult learners
· Ability to work both morning and afternoon TASC Prep sessions
· Experience in teaching and/or working with underrepresented students
· Evidence of some familiarity with Admissions, Registration. operations and software programs (e.g. Banner).
· Experience working with adult non-traditional students
· Knowledge of the mission of community colleges
· Bilingual and able to read, write, and speak Spanish or other languages proficiently