Compliance Specialist 15 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level, Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Minimum 2-5 years’ prior experience in affordable housing compliance management (LIHTC, HUD-Sec. 8, RD).
- Knowledge of industry compliance software program(s) preferred.
- College degree with COS, TCS, STAR’s, or HCCP certification(s) preferred.
- Desire to work for a company that continues to grow, offers personal growth and promotion from within, and the opportunity to build “a Home for possibilities” for yourself and our residents.
A Compliance Specialist II will be responsible to ensure our properties are compliant with Tax Credit, HUD, RD and other housing program regulations. You will work with other members of the Compliance team including the Compliance Software Technical Support team. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assist with 3rd party review and tracking of new Tax Credit files (LIHTC), Rural Development files and HUD Sect. 8 file reviews as needed and requested.
- Conduct periodic compliance audits.
- Train new and existing Community Manager’s in all aspects of compliance.
- Support our community managers when they have questions regarding compliance programs.
- Complete compliance reports as requested and required.
- Flexibility and ability for occasional overnight travel for site visits, trainings, meetings, conferences as needed.
YOUR SKILLS WILL INCLUDE:
Basic accounting skills with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) needed. Yardi experience preferred. Ability to read and comprehend complex legal documents and regulatory agreements important. Demonstrated strong customer service skills, strong organizational & time management skills, and effective decision-making abilities required. Must be able to multi-task several projects at one time and meet required deadlines. Adaptable, flexible to handle changing work projects. Demonstrates strong listening, communication and presentation skills. Embraces the opportunity to work side by side with team and partners. Is willing to go the extra mile to resolve issues and complete tasks required, including any extended hours that might be needed.
We are a professional, service-oriented organization with excellent benefits that include ongoing training, promotion from within; paid holidays, vacation & sick time; 401K with company match; medical, HSA, dependent care Flex account, dental, vision; company-paid life, short and long-term disability insurances; a wellness program, and a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Join our dynamic Conifer Realty Team — Conifer is a nationally ranked, full-service real estate company specializing in the development, construction, management and ownership of high-quality, affordable housing communities. Since its inception in 1975, Conifer has grown considerably – currently owning and managing over 15,019 multifamily units representing over 220 apartment communities in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Maryland.
Conifer Realty LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.