Professional Information & Computing Technologies Tutor 12 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
Function of Position:
Reporting to the Director of Learning Support Systems, Professional Tutors are staff who work with students to help them to develop effective learning strategies and to become self-regulated learners. These tutors help students with discipline-specific content.
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Foster the development of independent, intentional learners
- Help students understand and use effective learning strategies
- Provide tutor assistance in subject areas in one-on-one and group settings
- o Information & Computer Technologies (CRC, CPT, CSC, SCR, and OFT courses)
- Work within the ICT Resource Center (09-264) to support in-person and remote students
- Develop and nurture rapport with students, peers, and faculty
- Attend training activities to comply with certification requirements before and/or during semesters
- Collaborate with the Director of Learning Support Systems on providing workshops to fill learning gaps of both tutors and students with discipline specific content. The Director of Learning Support Systems will collaborate with the ICT Department as needed.
- Adhere to tutoring center protocol and tutoring expectations as outlined in the Tutor Handbook
- Promote critical thinking and problem solving
- Visit classrooms, as needed, to introduce students to the tutoring services offered
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, IS/IT/INT, or Office Technologies
- Experience using one or more of the following: Java programming, Python, Microsoft Office 365 / 2019, Visual Studio, Android Studio, C/C++, Assembly Language, Cisco NetAcademy, Network+, Security+.
- Experience working with diverse college populations
- One year of tutoring experience in computing technologies / software
- Teaching experience in computing technologies / software in grades 9-12 or at the community college level