Purchasing Coordinator 54 views3 applications
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 2-year degree
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for purchasing goods and services for The Arc of Monroe County as well as The Arc Foundation of Monroe in an efficient and economical manger following established policies and procedures in processing purchase orders. Other responsibilities include:
- Maintaining purchasing policy and procedure manuals.
- Negotiating pricing with vendors and suppliers.
- Maintaining approved vendor list.
- Processing all agency credit card requests.
- Auditing and processing invoices.
- Providing assistance to support payroll and accounts payable staff when necessary.
- Maintaining accounting system for the agency’s fixed assets.
- Basic Outlook skills as evidenced by creating and sending messages, working with address books, message handling, creating and using personal folders, scheduling appointments, working with meeting requests and managing tasks.
- Basic Word for Windows skills as evidenced by the ability to produce basic business letters and simple tables and charts; as well as check spelling, set tabs, change page orientation, sort, save, open and organize electronic files.
- Intermediate Excel skills as evidenced by the ability to use workbooks, create simple formulas, insert and delete data, create and edit charts, filter and sort lists, and format data, link data, create and edit charts, change page orientation, add headers and footers, filter and sort lists, format data, insert rows, enter and sort data and produce graphs and charts.
Associate’s Degree in Accounting, business or related field preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires a minimum of 1 year of purchasing experience.