Addiction Counselor 64 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
To provide individual and group counseling for substance abusing women and maintain comprehensive written records, as required.
- Formulates individual service plans and conducts comprehensive evaluations.
- Prepares for, schedules and conducts individual, group and conjoint sessions.
- Acts as an advocate for residents; makes referrals as appropriate.
- Demonstrates understanding of and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Maintains comprehensive written records that document the operation of the resident service system.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts educational, recreational and cultural activities.
- Conducts inspections of Supportive Living apartments.
- Promotes programs; assists with outreach and recruitment efforts.
- Adheres to YWCA/Steppingstone policies and procedures.
- Participates in emergency on-call rotation schedule for supplemental compensation
- Attends YWCA/Housing staff meetings.
- Demonstrates compliance with all appropriate HIPAA privacy and security standards as defined by the YWCA of Rochester and Monroe County and acts in accordance with CASAC Canon Code of Ethics, CFR#42 regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree and QHP (Qualified Health Professional)
- CASAC or CASACT certification preferred
- Three (3) years of experience in substance use disorders
- Valid NYS driver’s license and access to own vehicle required
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment with the YWCA of Rochester & Monroe County is at-will.
YWCA of Rochester & Monroe County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Usual social services office working conditions prevail. Must be available to work 37.5 hours per week. The work hours may include evenings or weekends.