Customer Service Representative/Bilingual 12 views1 application
- Salary Offer $37,591 - $48,184 annually
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level All
- Total Years Experience 0-2
- Education NONE
SUMMARY (Department of Neighborhood and Business Development)
This position involves the independent performance of customer service duties and the performance of complex clerical activities in a NSC (Neighborhood Service Center). NSC’s provide decentralized City services in City neighborhoods, with staff using a team approach to address community needs. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for complaint intake, referral and tracking through to resolution. This employee also provides residents with information and referral services and accepts applications, fees and payments for select City programs and services. The person in this position may lead other clerical personnel and is supervised by the NSC Administrator. Related work is performed as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES
- Inputs work orders, inspection reports, property code violations, etc., into computer;
- Receives telephone and walk-in complaints;
- Routes complaints to appropriate team member, logs and tracks through to resolution;
- Accepts applications for City programs (certificates of occupancy, building permits, rehabilitation loans/grants, summer youth employment, vehicle storage permits, etc.);
- Prioritizes the routine activities and clerical workflow of the office;
- Drafts routine correspondence to respond to citizen concerns;
- Prepares work orders for City services such as boarding-up unsecured properties, cutting grass,
removal of debris;
- Responds to requests from the public for information about City programs and services;
- Acts as liaison with City offices and other agencies when problems cannot be resolved with NSC
- Performs monitoring and reporting activities related to the tracking of the workflow;
- Responds to inquiries from the public for property information, accessing various databases;
- Assists Inspection and Police personnel with scheduling of inspections, meetings, other
- Orders supplies and maintains inventory records;
- Provides information in Spanish to the public when needed;
- May occasionally open and close the office alone.
High school diploma or Equivalent. PLUS:
I. Associate’s degree in office technology or related field;
Two (2) years of clerical experience (or its part-time equivalent) in three (3) of the following four (4) areas: typing documents and correspondence; filing; data entry; and public contact (by telephone and in person);
II. Four (4) years of the experience described in I. above.
Must be available and willing to accept changes in work schedule as assigned.
Must be willing to work alone in the office when necessary, including opening and closing the office.