Customer Service Representative FT & PT 32 views1 application
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
The Customer Service Representative is an integral member of the RTS Team bringing our values to life every day –Integrity, Respect, Diversity and Inclusion, Engagement and Collaboration, Agility and Innovation, and Performance Focused. The Customer Service Representative, working alongside the entire Customer Service Team, is responsible for making it easy for our customers to enjoy the ride with RTS, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Full-time and part-time positions available.
START DATE: April 2021
SALARY: $15.22 per hour
WORK HOURS: Work hours are to be determined. Schedules can start as early as 6:00am and end as late as 7:00pm, seven days a week for both full time and part time positions. Locations include the Front Desk, Customer Service Call Center and the Transit Center Customer Service desks.
- Receives, researches, and answers customer inquiries and requests regarding schedules, fares, special services, programs, and other related events
- Receives and places Community Partner pass orders
- Processes verbal and written requests for system information, programs, additional service, and timetables
- Receives and answers inquiries from departments and branches regarding Customer Service responsibilities
- Updates and maintains the Customer Service Department’s system reference guides
- Participates in programs, presentations, and displays which require extensive customer contact
- Works on special projects or assignments as needed
- Distributes materials from other departments
- Other duties as assigned.
- Primarily assigned to the Customer Service Phone Center. Could also be required to work at the Main St. Front Desk or at the Transit Center.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma
- At least two (2) years of customer service experience in a call center environment
- Familiarity with Rochester and its streets preferred
- Knowledge of bus routes preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform a variety of routine duties involving the use of procedures and the application of clearly prescribed standard practice where the employee could make minor decisions and use some judgment
- Ability to work with objectives defined by supervisor or by explicit procedures and rules. Assignments and the performance of tasks and activities are reviewed by supervisor in detail with the employee. Situations not covered by rules or procedures are referred to the supervisor.
- Proficient computer skills, including basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Trapeze FX, and intermediate knowledge of salesforce.com, our Customer Relationship Management System, Where’s My Bus, Account Based Ticketing, Routematch ride scheduling and the internet, especially Google Maps.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk, hear, see, and use a computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority (RGRTA) has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All safety-sensitive internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
RGRTA provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer.