ADA Certification Specialist
- Salary Offer $18.00 Hourly
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
The ADA Certification Specialist assists the Supervisor of ADA Certification with eligibility assessments, community education and service orientation for Access ridership under the ADA.
The ADA Certification Specialist is responsible to complete tasks associated with the eligibility process to include communication, recommendation, and training as it relates to the eligibility and approval for transportation services with RTS Access. This position provides support to the Supervisor of ADA Certification.
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of ADA Certification
WAGE: $18.00 per hour
- Conduct phone screening with customers to establish application completeness and provide additional assistance as required
- Manage personal caseloads for applicants and ensure customers are scheduled for in-person appointments
- Perform in-person interviews and assessments for initial and recertification; make recommendations for eligibility based on a standardized process
- Conduct regular new customer orientation training
- Assist with agency outreach and training
- Run regular reports and perform tasks associated with report results
- Serve as back-up for the ADA Certification Assistant and perform all ADA Certification Assistant tasks during absences
- General administrative duties, including filing, purging, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- G.E.D. or High School Diploma required; Associates in Health/Human Services or similar field desired
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with persons with disabilities preferred
- Experience with public speaking and/or training desired
- A minimum of 2 years of customer service experience preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation. Skill in composition of correspondence
- Knowledge of MS operating system with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and ability to learn new technology
- Good communications skills, ability to work effectively with both customers and employees
- Good organizational skills and ability to work independently and to follow through on work assignments
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work assignments with guidance
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employees is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk up to ½ mile, talk, hear and use a computer. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
At times, the position may require walking in outdoor weather conditions, and in extreme heat, humidity, or cold. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.