ADA Certification Assistant 1 application
- Salary Offer HOURLY RATE: $16.50
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
The ADA Certification Assistant is responsible for assisting the Supervisor of ADA Certification with the coordination of applicant eligibility for Access ridership under the ADA.
The ADA Certification Assistant is responsible to complete clerical tasks and applicant communication related to the eligibility and approval for transportation services at RTS Access. This position provides support to the Supervisor of ADA Certification.
HOURLY RATE: $16.50
- Staying Healthy: Medical, Dental (currently free) and Vision (currently free), Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Feeling Secure: Disability Insurance, Pension Plan, NY State Deferred Compensation Plan, Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Group Specified Disease Insurance and Hospital Insurance
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO: 17 days upon hire; accrue additional time after 1 year), Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, Verizon Wireless Discount, On-site Fitness Center open 24/7, Employee Wellness Program, Culture & Inclusion Council, Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF), BJ’s Wholesale Club Discount, and more!
- Monitor and respond to general inquiries and application requests
- Process incoming mail; review and direct to appropriate team member
- Notify applicants if application is incomplete and advise what is needed
- Generate 90 day and 60 day recertification reports and mail out initial and follow-up notices
- Process Access replacement ID card requests from start to finish
- Perform tasks associated with the paratransit appeals process to include; committee and appellant notifications
- Maintain application files, from start to finish; including processing of eligibility letters, printing Access ID cards and mailing of eligibility documentation
- Maintain electronic customer information files in multiple systems
- Run regular reports and perform tasks associated with report results
- Process customer certification/recertification for visitors, temporary service requests, and certain renewals
- General administrative duties, including filing, purging, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- 2-4 years of experience in a file clerk or administrative type role preferred
- 2 years of customer service experience preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employees is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk, hear and use a computer. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.