Data Analyst Specialist 493 views1 application
- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level All, Some Experience, Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
POSITION: Data Analyst Specialist
LOCATION: Main Office, Rochester, NY
REPORTS TO: CFO
POSITION REQUIREMENTS – minimum BS/BA Degree with experience or coursework on
data entry and statistical reporting utilizing computerized databases; excellent written and verbal
communication skills, and the ability to make presentations to adults. Advanced knowledge of
Microsoft Office, especially Excel, needed. Comfort with synthesizing information from a
variety of sources to generate reports or needs assessments and ability to think creatively and
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS, PROFESSIONAL POSITIONS
- Minimum BS/BA Degree in a field directly related to the position and/or supplemental
study or experience to support job requirements
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding of the multi-cultural nature of our client and co-
- Clean driving record and regular daily use of a reliable vehicle
- Comfortable in all types of communication situations and representing the Council
professionally at all times
JOB PURPOSE – To collect and maintain all non-financial data and generate reports for
program, contractual, and internal use, as well as for distribution to community members,
business members, and stakeholders. To maintain the NACCRRAware database, including
complying with statewide data standards and updates, respond to state and contractual reporting
needs monthly, quarterly, annually, or anytime requested, and meet all child care related data
needs of the Council and community. To actively participate in grant seeking and grant writing
for current and new initiatives, and provide other communication support as needed internally
and with stakeholders.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Act as the Administrator for NACCRRA Data Systems, maintaining and training on
database use and maintaining compliance with data standards.
- Maintain and support the council’s CCFS system in collaboration with OCFS system
- Coordinate and initiate all agency-wide quality initiatives, including maintaining quality
assurance or best practices certification and processing renewals.
- Collect and maintain data for reports to OCFS, Council administration and managers,
funders, and for internal, community, and other purposes.
Generate reports, including monthly internal milestone reports, Quarterly data reports,
community needs assessments, feasibility studies (supply and demand of child care in a
community), the economic impact of child care, the cost of child care, child care provider
professional development reports, and any other child care related reports upon request.
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports in a timely manner to meet contractual
- Represent the Council for all data related committees of the Early Care and Learning
Council and NACCRRA and work closely with ECLC to follow uniform data collection
- Collect disaggregated data on child care and family needs for reports to be distributed to
stakeholders for the purpose of raising awareness of child care issues, CCR&R services,
public policy issues related to child care, to secure funding and/or contracts, to expand
CCR&R services, and to issue public policy reports. State and national data is collected
through work with ECLC and NACCRRA. Local data is collected through internal data
tracking systems as well as from partner organizations, including – Early Care and
Learning Council, National Association for the Education of Young Children, National
Association for Child Care Resource and Referral, National Association for Family Child
Care, US Census, The Children’s Agenda, Head Start, Council on Children and Families,
Monroe County Department of Human Services, Wayne County Department of Social
Services, Livingston County Department of Social Services and local school districts.
- Work with the CEO to develop appropriate vehicles for the education of the child care
community in the use of data driven reports and information designed to assist in the
development of policy changes to benefit the early childhood field
- Attend and actively participate in department and agency staff meetings, conferences and
- Prepare individual Professional Development Plan and make arrangements to complete
defined goals on an annual basis.
- Assume other duties as needed or required to support the Council in its efforts to be the
premier resource for child care related services.
- Child Care Council is an equal opportunity employer.
- Benefits include but are not limited to 90% individual health benefits, life insurance, long and
short term disability insurance, 403b plan, Flexible Spending Account, free parking, free Keurig
beverage service, 11 paid holidays, earned time off. Schedule is typically Monday through
- Friday 9 to 5 with an hour lunch.
Salary: $35,100.00 /year