Direct Care – Residential Programs (NEW) 20 views1 application
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level All, Entry Level, Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 0-12 months
- Education High School Diploma or GED
If you are looking for an opportunity to CONTRIBUTE to someone’s WELL-BEING…
If you are looking for an opportunity to STEP UP and have a POSITIVE EFFECT on the COMMUNITY you live in…
If you are looking for a CAREER OPPORTUNITY where you MAKE A DIFFERENCE in someone’s life…
LOOK NO FURTHER!
With over 60 different community based settings, we have Full-Time, Part-time, Relief, and Driver positions located all throughout the Rochester, Greece, Irondequoit, Gates, Chili, Churchville, LeRoy, Brockport, Hamlin, Ogden, and Henrietta Areas.
Residential Programs hours vary and are flexible enough to meet your schedule!
Lifetime Assistance Inc. has been supporting persons with developmental disabilities and their families since 1978 and with over 1500 people at over 60 different locations needing assistance daily, chances are we have the right career for you!
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities. This is why the role of Direct Care is so important. In a Direct Care role you’ll be joining the ranks of the many compassionate and caring individuals who provide daily support, assistance, and companionship to those right here in our community.
What would I be doing?
- Interacting in the community you live in while you serve it.
- Assisting individuals with disabilities by helping them with all aspects of everyday living.
- Teaching others life lessons through compassionate and caring acts.
- Being a champion for good in your community by partnering with others.
- Smile, laugh, and be a positive role model to the people you assist, work with, and interact with in the community.
- While performing the duties of this job, in order to instruct, care for, and assist the individuals we support, the employee is frequently required to: stand, bend, kneel, walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects or equipment; reach with hands and arms; communicate and see. The employee is also occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift, transfer, and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Direct Support Professionals may be required to go to different locations depending on the needs of the agency.
Required to successfully learn and implement preventative strategies as required by OPWDD including but not limited to OPWDD S.C.I.P. Level 1, S.C.I.P.-R. Level II or PROMOTE competencies based on the needs of the individuals the employee is supporting (not applicable to In Home Supports, Community Hab or Relief)
What experience do I need for a Direct Care role?
- We look for caring, compassionate, and dedicated people who are willing to learn.
- Six months experience in providing care to individuals with development disabilities or direct care in related field is preferred.
AWESOME work, AWESOME(ER) benefits!
- Affordable medical and dental plans as well as a standalone vision plan!
- 288 hours of paid time off within your first year! (36 days)!
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Tremendous internal growth opportunities!
- Work life balance!
- A retirement plan to include BOTH a defined contribution plan (401(a)) (agency funded) and a 403(b) retirement savings plan!
- A $500 dollar referral bonus! Because we want other compassionate and caring individuals just like you!
Is there anything else I need to know?
- Standard background checks do apply (To include but not limited to: Fingerprinting/criminal history record check, NYS Child Abuse Registry, OPWDD Staff Exclusion List, Mental Health Law 16.34, and Medicaid exclusions lists)
- Candidates must also meet LAI’s Vehicle Operator Requirements, be able to transfer and move up to 50 lbs., have a reliable means of transportation, a sense of humor, and the ability to have fun!