Direct Support Professional – Clarence, NY 10 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
The Direct Support Professional I (DSP I) performs functions that assist in the care and treatment of individuals in care. The DSP I helps to develop life and social skills in OPWDD and IRA settings, and helps to establish a safe physical and emotional environment for those in care.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participates within designated treatment teams to develop service and behavior management plans, and, as appropriate based on skills and experience, executes such plans aimed at assisting youth and families in achieving their personal goals and objectives.
- Responsible for managing activities within an individual or group dynamic, assuring the safety of the youth assigned, and applying appropriate emergency and crisis intervention principles and techniques.
- Proactively maintains current knowledge of the youth’s emotional/behavior status, assesses the effectiveness of service plans, and supports interactions with family and local community.
- Continually demonstrates the emotional confidence and good judgment required to build productive relationships with youth and families, while implementing required rules and routines.
- Ensures the safety of assigned youth and is thoroughly aware of all procedures relating to emergencies.
Requirements: High school diploma/GED and 1-2 years of relevant experience is required. Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology, Sociology or Education, plus 2 or more years of experience is preferred. Candidates must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays, must have a valid NYS driver’s license, and must meet agency driving standards.