Direct Support Professional III – Macedon, NY 37 views
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 2-year degree
The Direct Support Professional III is typically assigned more complex assignments, and performs functions that assist in the care and treatment of youth in OPWDD and Individualized Residential Alternative (IRA) settings.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining medical records for all youth in care.
- Assists youth in developing life and social skills and helps establish a safe physical and emotional environment for those in care.
- Recognizes differentiating behaviors, participates within designated treatment teams to develop service and behavior management plans, and, based on skills and experience, executes such plans aimed at assisting youth and families in achieving their personal goals and objectives.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of relevant experience OR Associate’s degree and 1.5 years of relevant experience OR High School Diploma/GED and 2 years of relevant experience is required. Candidates must have at least 1 year of experience as a Direct Support Professional if he/she does not have a Bachelor’s degree. All candidates must have a valid NYS driver’s license and must meet agency driving standards.