Direct Support Staff 158 views6 applications
- Postal Code 14623
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 0-12 months
- Education GED
When you’re in a direct support position at Heritage Christian Services, you can put your confidence and resilience to work every day. Sometimes you’re an advocate for the equality of people with disabilities. Other times you’re an ally supporting people to meet friends, prepare meals, take medication or simply be their best. You can be more than one thing. You can be more of yourself and have a career that you’re proud of.
We’re hiring full-time and part-time direct support staff to assist adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We offer the chance to work a variety of days and hours – and that means we have schedules that work for everyone. Plus, there’s paid training, 21 days of paid time off in the first year, tuition reimbursement and extra pay when you work overnights and weekends.
- Be a person to talk to and laugh with
- Provide the best level of assistance people may need to enjoy meals, maintain personal hygiene and keep their schedules
- Support people to have meaningful relationships with friends, family and loved ones, which include get-togethers, phone calls and more
- Assist with medical needs including monitoring health, administering medication and getting to the doctor
- Drive people to and from their appointments
- Join co-workers to create a positive work environment
At Heritage Christian Services, enjoy:
- Generous paid time off (256 hours in just two years)
- 403(B) retirement plan option
- Affordable insurance coverage for health/dental/vision
- $350 bounty every time you send a new person we can hire full-time
- Performance bonuses plus rewards for tenure
- Paid mentorship programs
- Additional perks include a homebuyer’s club, competitive tuition reimbursement programs and more
We have positions throughout the Monroe County area including in: Brighton, Brockport, Chili, East Rochester, Gates, Greece, Henrietta, Irondequoit, Penfield, Pittsford, Rochester, Spencerport, Walworth and Webster.
- A valid driver license with a record of responsible driving
- Strong communication skills
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- The physical ability to lift and transfer individuals who rely on wheelchairs for mobility
- A high school diploma or equivalent
HCS is a place to grow.
You don’t need experience to work for people with disabilities. We provide all of your education and training. You may be a great fit for direct support if your background includes being a teacher, HHA (Home Health Aide), CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant), LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) or any other healthcare position.