Director of Communications 119 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
MCDC Communications Director Job Description
Monroe County Democratic Committee’s Communications Director will need to be able to work in a fast pace environment and able to assist multiple candidates with strategic messaging. This person should have experience working with diverse constituencies, commitment to expanding MCDC’s network and good communication skills.
- • Oversee the client-facing work, including building lists of media contacts, drafting materials like op-eds, media advisories, staffing events and making pitch calls to media
- • Manage day to day social media presence for MCDC, including responding to comments, messages, etc.
- • Create content graphics for social campaigns.
- • Draft and execute regular newsletters, and special notices to the MCDC newsletter.
- • Manage special events in the office, such as training sessions, parties and seminars, including booking space, coordinating food, sending invitations/thank you notes, etc.
- • On an ongoing basis, monitoring trends in media, politics and current events and using this knowledge to occasionally offer strategic communications advice and guidance to the team.
- • Supervising the drafting of speeches, talking points and op-eds.
- • Research to include policy issues, opposition research and candidate recruitment.
- • Oversees rapid response and crisis management for sensitive, high profile issues.
- • Travel may be required occasionally.
- • Bachelor’s Degree required with 2-3 years of communications experience.
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- • A high level of self-motivation and a proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively to solve problems and overcome obstacles.
- • Experience with copywriting is a plus.
- • Professionalism and Confidentiality is a must.