Director of Community Health Programs 108 views1 application
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Managerial
- Total Years Experience 6-10
- Education 4-year degree
DCHP provides leadership, strategic direction, and administrative oversight to Foodlink’s Curbside Market, Nutrition Education, and Edible Education programming. S/he will oversee program design, staffing, budgeting, grants management and capacity building to ensure that the goals of each program are met. The DCHP will also contribute to the planning and implementation of all new community health initiatives, and serve as a member of the Foodlink leadership team.
Supervises: Curbside Market Manager, Curbside Market Coordinator, Nutrition Education Manager, Edible Education Specialist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure continued growth in annual sales and reduction of operating deficit
- Manage new LFPP grant with goal of becoming first mobile WIC-vendor
- Generate new staffing/recruitment plan for Operators
- Oversee fleet assessment and long-term fleet planning
- Refine and implement 3-year Curbside Growth Plan with Curbside Manager and Coordinator
- Oversee new Eat Smart New York (ESNY) application and implementation
- Create 3-year Just Say Yes to Fruits and Vegetables plan, including targeted goal for partners reached, Rochester Public Market workshops, and Healthy Pantry Initiative
- Develop business plans for Cooking Matters and customized nutrition education
- Including new opportunity to bill courses to Medicaid.
- Generating new partners due to our Community Nutrition Room.
- Create multi-year Edible Education proposal with Education Success Network
- Develop turnkey fee-for-service Edible Education proposals for schools
- Oversee the expansion and growth of the Lexington Ave Urban Farm, with a focus on potential for social enterprise
- Assist Chief Program Officer in developing and implementing new community health programming
- Develop Value Proposition for existing Community Health Programs in order to connect to DSRIP and Medicaid redesign.
- A bachelor’s degree, plus 5-10 years progressive job experience in program management in a Non-profit setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two year’s experience in direct supervision and management of professional staff.
- Grant management experience
- Exemplary organizational skills.
- Ability to think strategically and take initiative
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking
- Computer proficiency including MS Office products
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, have access to a vehicle and be willing to travel within Foodlink’s 10 county service areaPhysical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel items such as documents. The team member is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all- inclusive. Employees will follow other instructions and perform other related duties as required.
- Total Jobs 3 Jobs
- Location Rochester
- Full Address 1999 Mt. Read Blvd Rochester, NY 14615