Director of Public Engagement 180 views
- Salary Offer $50,000-$60,000/year, commensurate with experience, plus benefits (401k and medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term disability insurance).
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 6-10
- Education NONE
The Climate Solutions Accelerator of the Genesee-Finger Lakes Region is seeking a dynamic and inclusive leader to become our inaugural Director of Public Engagement. This person will lead our community engagement efforts through the Accelerator’s Color Your Community Green initiative and other programs. If you are a committed social change agent who demonstrates your passion through proactive, solutions-focused engagement with audiences from all walks of life, we invite you to apply. You will work with smart, dedicated, and strategically savvy colleagues to collaboratively tackle the most critical issues facing our community today.
Hours: Full-time (40 hrs/week), flexible scheduling with some evenings and weekends
Position Overview: The Director of Public Engagement will lead the Accelerator’s efforts to grow and diversify our region’s climate movement, using a variety of community engagement and organizing strategies. This individual must have a means or form of transportation that allows for travel to communities throughout the nine-county region (mileage reimbursement provided).
Responsibilities and Duties:
– Build the Accelerator’s Color Your Community Green initiative by supporting the launch and long-term success of citizen action teams throughout the nine-county region;
– Recruit volunteers and connect them to action opportunities that match their skills and interests;
– Maintain up-to-date records of volunteer activity in constituent management database;
– Collaborate with other Accelerator staff and organizational partners to conduct a climate-focused community needs assessment;
– Coordinate the Accelerator’s Public Engagement Committee;
– Serve as the Accelerator’s liaison to community groups with intersecting priorities (e.g., health, housing, transportation, affordable energy, etc.);
– Support the development of a strong local climate justice movement;
– Organize opportunities for public engagement and education, including: public presentations; tabling events; community focus groups; climate action trainings.
Qualifications: The Director of Public Engagement must be detail-oriented and skilled in motivating and working with others. A successful candidate for this position will possess effective communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build positive working relationships with volunteers and organizational partners in urban, suburban, and rural communities. S/he/They will ideally have community organizing experience and be comfortable with public speaking. Demonstrated commitment to climate justice is highly valued. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are important to the Accelerator and we highly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to consider submitting an application for review. All relevant experience is welcome.
Applications will be reviewed and processed as they are received, until the position is filled. Interviews will be held virtually no later than the week of January 4th.
The Accelerator is an equal employment opportunity employer.