Donor Engagement Assistant/Secretary 126 views1 application
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 2-year degree
- The Donor Engagement Assistant/Secretary is responsible for representing the MCC Foundation at the highest caliber in dealing with internal and external constituents and stakeholders and in all duties as assigned. Serving as administrative support for the Assistant Director of Donor Engagement of the Monroe Community College Foundation, the assistant/secretary will play a key role in the Foundation’s special events, marketing and communications. The position involves the performance of complex and confidential duties. In addition to general secretarial duties, this individual will serve as a contact person with high-level volunteers, directors and staff members of the college and Foundation. The individual must be able to act independently and prioritize workload and also act well as a team member.
- Provide administrative support to Donor Engagement Department.
- Prepare correspondence, reports and other written materials.
- Create and maintain donor engagement department files.
- Proofread correspondence, newsletters, reports, and minutes for accuracy, consistency, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Greet visitors and handle incoming calls with poise and tact.
- Participate as a full member of the Foundation’s support staff including professional development activities and staff meetings.
- Provide support for committees that include meeting logistics, attendance and coordination of guests and technology needs.
- Prepare/organize communications such as meeting notices, agendas, minutes and reports for distribution.
- Aid in the planning and execution of annual events including the Scholarship Open, Gold Star Gala, Cabin Fever, Salute to Excellence and President’s Circle Reception, as well as other cultivation and fundraising events which may include but is not limited to gift announcements, dedication ceremonies and luncheons.
- Compile all data for reservations and reports for cultivation and fundraising events.
- Aid in preparation of annual impact report, monthly e-newsletter, annual printed Foundations newsletter, public relations materials, social media and communications.
- Aid in the preparation of award nominations.
- Make travel accommodations for Assistant Director of Donor Engagement and special event auction experiences.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge data management software to produce reports, receipts, acknowledgements and giving histories for donors.
- Input confidential donor information in the Foundation’s database management system, Raiser’s Edge.
- Investigate new technology to make events run smoother and stand apart from the rest such as Check-in Easy and auction software.
- Route incoming mail and contributions of checks/cash, following established procedures and policies on a daily basis.
- Select and/or compose acknowledgements to donors on behalf of Foundation Chief Advancement Officer and Executive Director, College President, Assistant Director of Donor Engagement and volunteers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain gift cupboard, stationary inventory, storage room organization.
- Supervise student aids and/or office volunteers as assigned.
- Serve as back-up to Office Manager as needed.
- Administrative/executive secretarial experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong proofreading skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Highly proficient in the following computer applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, energetic self-starter with a positive and enthusiastic outlook.
- Vision to plan ahead, take initiative and set and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and to work collaboratively with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse audience of alumni and donors.
- Monroe County Resident
- Earned AAS degree in Secretarial Science from an accredited institution.
- Experience in corporate or nonprofit environment.